Pages

Saturday, March 27, 2010

The Little Squirt

I realized the other day that it's been a long time since I've done a post of random Rachel pictures. (Which, at one point, was the lifeblood of our little blog). I haven't been very good about taking lots of pictures of Rachel lately, which is unfortunate, but I'm trying to do better. Anyway, here are just some pictures from the last week or two of Rachel.

Rachel had a cold for about a week, during which time the bulb syringe was around a lot, much to Rachel chagrin. We call the bulb syringe Rachel's "suckie." Cute, no? No, it really isn't, but it's a lot easier than saying "bulb syringe" every time. It can also be a verb, as in, "Rachel, let's go suckie out your nose!" Good times.


A couple of days ago Rachel discovered our Mahjong set, which has lots of little square pieces, which she dumped down the stairs. Hopefully, the set is still complete. Either way, it was entertaining.

Whenever Rachel doesn't want to eat something (pre-chewed or not), she'll insist on handing it me rather that just putting it down. Sometimes she likes broccoli. Sometimes not. This is the, "Mom, like I'm really gonna eat this?!" face.


I love Rachel's close-mouthed smile.

And the open mouth nose-scrunch one too. By the way, this morning we cut Rachel some bangs, since her hair was getting in her eyes all the time, but I really have no idea how to cut a little girl's hair. Her hair all comes forward instead of going to the side, but I cut bangs out of it anyway because I didn't know what else to do. Suggestions?

5 comments:

Kathy&Mike said...

Cute! Cute! Cute! I especially love the picture of her holding the "suckie." Look how CUTE she is!!!
The only thing I know of to keep the hair out of a little girl's face is to pull it back with barretts or ponytails.

Naomi said...

Bangs are the best way to keep them out of her face. You can use clips, barrets etc but those just come out.

Mindy Hawks said...

Yay! I've been thinking you havent posted Rachel pics in a while so I'm glad you did! I also LOVE the first picture! Her hair looks so pretty! I miss that little squirt! (And she did the same thing when she was staying with me...with the handing her chewed up food to me. haha!)

Amanda said...

She is so cute. Grace does the same thing with needing to give someone the nasty food that is half-chewed that she doesn't want. I'm glad it's not just her! What a sweet girl!

Tammy said...

She's getting SO big! I also love both smiles and her hair is beautifully long! i can't beleve it! It's been forever but i thought i'd stop in and say hi! "HI!"