I think we're going to be trying some rice cereal with Rachel today. Our pediatrician recommended starting at about 5 months, and her 5 month birthday is on Sunday. I mentioned it to Mike last night and he is excited to try. Rachel has been watching us more and more when we eat, so I think she's about ready. We'll see what happens!
I also put up a poll over there on the right because I'm curious when most of you have started solid foods. Pictures coming soon!
*Update- I just got home from getting my flat tire fixed and going to Walmart and we're not up to trying the cereal tonight...so it might be a few days. So pictures will be coming soon-ish. :) Plus the more I read the more it looks like they're really not recommending starting solids until closer to 6 months nowadays, so we're not in a hurry anyway.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I usually started my kids about 4½ or 5 months. My kids usually started wanting to eat more frequently indicating they needed something that would stay with them longer. On a side note, we started our kids with oatmeal rather than rice because for some reason our kids got constipated with rice. Just in case you find the same thing happens :) We probably just have weird kids or it could be those Bruderer bowels.
Good luck on this next milestone!
Post a Comment