Pages

Saturday, December 27, 2008

Rachel's First Noel

We had a great Christmas! Tiff and Josh came down from Logan, and Nick and Carisa were spending this Christmas here as well, so we had the whole family here except for Mike's brother Kyle who's serving a mission in California. It was so fun with the two little girls. Of course they didn't really know what was going on, but it was fun just the same. Rachel usually doesn't get up for the day until 9 or 10, and we opened presents at 8:00, so she was a bit sleepy still, but in fairly good spirits nevertheless. Christmas eve was also wonderful, as we played games and hung out as a family, and had our tradition of Mike's mom reading the short story The Little Shepherd (which is sadly out of print) followed by a few members of the family sharing their feelings and testimonies of Christ and Christmas. I'm so grateful for this time of year. It helps me appreciate my family even more than I already do, and I always hope that I can remember what the season is really about - the Savior of the world and His glorious atonement and love for us. I feel so blessed to have a happy and healthy family, and especially to know that I can be with them forever! Merry Christmas everyone!

The best present ever


Rachel showing off our tree a couple of days before Christmas.


With her present from Mommy Mindy. The look on her face says to me, "Ooooh, I wanna open this one."


Rach and Cicils (Cicily) giggling on Christmas Eve.


Christmas morning.

Cicily sporting her lovely bow.


A cute little jacket from Aunt Jessica.


Cute dress Rachel!


Where's Waldo?


Enjoying all aspects of their gifts.


Mmmm... wrapping paper


Picture with Mommy - she was starting to get pretty tired at this point.


Mike's brother Conner showing us his first suit that he got


Cicily was so spent from the day's excitement that she fell asleep during a meal in her high chair


Merry Christmas!

4 comments:

Mindy Hawks said...

I love that last one of you three! I hope you had a great Christmas! (looks like you did!) Love ya!

Kiersten said...

Thanks for adding me, Mary! It looks like you guys had a great Christmas.

Kathy&Mike said...

You know, that little double chin Rachel is showing in the last picture is a family trait that will be really, really bad when she's about 80 years old! Poor girl! Looks like you all had a merry Christmas. I love the picture of the two babies grinning at the camera. They are so beautiful.

TJ and Jessica said...

Hope she likes the sweater! Cute pictures!