Pages

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Finished!

The rocker glider that we ordered from Walmart came today, so Reed's nursery is finished! I've had so much fun working on this project. It really only took a couple of days. I started with a decor collection called Forest Friends, with the decals, window valance, and lamp. Mike said he didn't want a theme involving baseball or monkeys. And I didn't want ones with planes or cars. That kind of limited our selection. But I'm happy with how it turned out, considering this room used to just have a desk and some bookcases in it. The paint was already this color, which was nice.





I had to add some fabric to the edges of the valance because it wasn't quite long enough, and was reminded once again of how I don't like to sew.


We already had these cubbies but they were black, so I just repainted them brown.

These we already had too, but they had engagement pictures in them. The pictures inside now are just fronts of onesies that were preemie and already too small.


I love this lamp, it was my splurge item. :)

5 comments:

Mombrud said...

So cute! I am impressed! We've been in our house 9 months and the kids' rooms still don't have any decorations!

Kathy&Mike said...

So cute, Mary. You did a great job.

Mindy Hawks said...

Cute! I love the wall stickers. I always wanted to try those but I probably would mess them up!

Angela said...

I love the nursery! It looks great!

Carisa said...

so cute loved your creativity!