The first several pictures here are from before we moved. Down towards the end are pictures of the inside of the house.
So, let me tell you a story. About paint. We knew (well, I knew) we wanted to paint our master bedroom. Problem was we were SO indecisive about the color. We knew we wanted some sort of beige, but do you know how many shades of beige there are? A whole lot. We wanted something neutral, light enough to not be too dark, but dark enough that it didn't just look white-ish. We finally settled on a color, bought two gallons of it, and painted on two coats (by "we", I mean me, Conner, Tiffany, and Josh).
Then Mike got home from work, looked at it, and said, "It's really light." Then I looked at it, and said "Yeah, it is kind of light."
So we went out and bought two more gallons of a darker shade, and the next day Conner and I slapped on two more coats.
You'll have to wait to see the final product. Oh, the suspense.
And here are pictures of the house all (mostly) done and put together.
Rachel's room (which we also painted, with much less difficulty).
Theater room. We'd also like to paint this sometime soon, maybe like a darker green or blue. We've already gotten loads of enjoyment out of this room. I'm pretty sure we never have to go to the movie theater ever again.
Living room. Our couches that we already had matched with the already-painted walls perfectly, as if it was all planned.
We're so happy in our new place and I'm looking forward to making new friends and lots of memories here. We feel so blessed and grateful that everything has been so smooth. I'm thinking about maybe having a little housewarming type get together soon, but we'll see.
10 comments:
congrats, new homes are so fun!
Congratulations! The house looks great! We have learned from experience to find a color we like on a wall, find the color or try to match it! Those little paint chips are such liars! It never looks like that on the wall!
Your house is beautiful. Congrats! I'm so happy for you guys. I love that first picture of the three of you in front of the "sold" sign. Your bedroom paint looks great, good choice!
So exciting! I love the bedding you picked out for your room too.
Congrats! We are very jealous of your theater room. :)
oh and I cant believe Rachel's already taking her first steps! Shes growing up so fast.
It's beautiful! I love it. That's funny how well the couches match the living room walls. I love Rachel's room too! Congrats, you guys!
Love your new house!!!!
Wow! That is such a nice house! And a theater room! You are definately moving on up...
I am so happy for you guys. We were sad to see you go but no how nice it is to be in a house with a real yard. I'm sure you will be such a great addition to Spanish Fork. Good luck to all three of you. It's nice to still be able to keep in touch through blogging.
Post a Comment