Pages

Friday, October 23, 2009

Our Little Shrimp

Rachel had her 15 month old checkup Wednesday. It's getting harder and harder to keep her entertained at a doctor's office, I tell you. And she's not as good with shots anymore. On the upside, she did get a cool Handy Manny sticker and two Elmo bandaids.

Here's her stats:

Head Circumference: 46.2 cm - 50th percentile. Good.
Length: 30" - 25th percentile. A little small, but still normal.
Weight: 18 lbs. 14 oz. - 3rd percentile. Woah. Didn't see that coming.

Her new nickname is Shrimpy.

The doctor said he's not really concerned though, because she's not like a sickly child or anything, and is perfectly healthy in every other respect. Just very light. Probably because she's already developed the toddler penchant for picky eating. He did recommend trying to feed her some more fattening foods though. So the next day we went on a grocery shopping trip in search of nice high calorie food to try and chunk her up. Her new love is frosted animal cracker cookies. Now all we have to do is try to restrain ourselves from eating all of her oh-so-delicious food, as we do not need chunking up. Lucky baby.

4 comments:

Mindy Hawks said...

Its still crazy to me that shes getting so big! (Even if she is on the on the tiny side...)
She gets bigger everytime I see her! And she just keeps getting cuter! :)

Rebecca said...

Wow, she is light! I say lucky you, you don't have to lug a chunk around everywhere. James hasn't had his 15 month yet, I'm a slacker since I don't really know who do go to here in Winnemucca (they don't have doctors who are exclusively pediatricians, you have to get a family doctor). He was like 22 pounds at his 12 month though, I'm pretty sure he's about 25 pounds right now. He'll stand on the scale for fun sometimes, and that's what it says. I'll tell you though, my arms get so tired from carrying him even the shortest bit. So I say count yourself lucky :)

Kathy&Mike said...

I probably told you this already, but Mindy stayed at 22 pounds for the longest time. She kept getting taller and skinnier and stayed at 22 pounds. When anyone would ask her how old she was, she'd say, "twenty-two pounds." Skinny runs in our family!

Call Commotion said...

Our little 6 month Shaefer weighs the same as your Rachel! That is nuts!! He is lazy though and she is very darling and active!
We miss you guys!