Pages

Sunday, October 18, 2009

A Mother's Job...

...is never done, and is also kinda gross sometimes.

Tonight's dinner is an example:
I did a close-up so you could really appreciate the smeary grossness of it all. She actually consumed no part of this meal, just spread it around with the mouthpiece of her sippy cup and smeared some in her hair and ear.


Here's Rachel after she completely emptied this shelf on the bookcase, which consisted of a lot of loose papers, as you can see crumpled under her feet. She proceeded to climb onto the shelf (the bookcase was steady though, I checked).
One might ask why I simply didn't stop her from pulling stuff off and making a mess, since I was obviously there for the destruction. The answer is that I was on the computer, which is hard to do with Rachel around, as she loves buttons and electronics. I was happy on the computer. She was happy destroying the shelf. Papers can be picked up. 'Nuff said.


I just thought this picture was funny because both Rachel and I look WAY too overexcited.
Little does she know it's almost bedtime...

The Many Faces of Rachel
Happy


Still happy


Sad


Mad

And yes, these pictures were taken in fairly quick succession. We've learned that the quicker the transition from happy to mad, the closer we are to bedtime.

4 comments:

Angela said...

Haha she is so funny! I love the mood swings! I often let Andrew destroy a (cleanable) area of the house while I'm on the computer too, otherwise you've got a little one on your lap trying to type with you! Rachel is starting to look so grown up. She looks like she's losing a little of the baby-ness and turning into a little toddler.

Mombrud said...

My mother had a very scientific formula that works for me too. It is as follows: if whatever they are doing keeps them busy longer than it take you to clean it up, it is worth it! Thus, I was allowed to empty the pan cupboard often!:)
Get used to the mood swings! Terrible twos is a lie. Ours lasted from 18 months until about 4 yrs. Jenna is so there!

Kathy&Mike said...

I love Rachel's mad face. Cracks me up. Also, I was thinking, I'll give you a dollar if you'll take a drink from that sippy cup just the way it is in the picture. C'mon! I dare ya!

Tammy said...

:) motherhood is the best.... i soetimes let my kids empty shelves, eat a box of cookie, mess up a newly straited room for a moments peace. :) ihave asimilar pictur of olivia after emptying a shelf of DVD's. Mackenzie loves throwing her food on the floor so at least rachels stayed mostly on her tray :) i love the picture o he face, they are so precious... kids grow uptoo fast!