Pages

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

The View From Here

It's been snowing a lot lately (which was really fun on Christmas when we played in the snow, making snow angels, making half a snowman - we got tired of it, and burying Conner in the snow). I find that I like the snow a lot better when I can choose not to go out in it and don't have to scrape off my car at 7:00 in the morning. Ah, stay-at-home motherhood. :) Anywho, this is the view outside my front door. The only reason you can even see part of the driveway is because I shovel religiously (as in a lot, not spiritually-uplifting shoveling). The big mound is all from my shovel. Maybe by the end of winter, the mound will be big enough that I can make a snow cave. :)


Sometimes she looks like an angel when she sleeps
...
and sometimes she just looks funny


Rastafarian Rachel


New outfit from Mommy Mindy! The jeans are supposedly for a 9 month old, but I've learned that babies' clothing sizes aren't to be trusted. She also still fits in some "0-3 month" clothes.
Look at the little hearts on the bum! I love clothes with stuff on the bum. Hehe.


Smile for the camera


Rachel's Christmas present from Mike and I, that didn't arrive until about a week after Christmas. It's a jumparoo! She's still learning how to really jump good in it, but she's usually happy there for 20 minutes or so a couple times a day. Which means I can do dishes and switch laundry occasionally. :)


Daddy-daughter early morning scripture study.

In other news, the solid food endeavor is going quite well - she still only swallows it if we lean her back, but she loves the cereal and gobbles it down. We're kind of sporatic on feeding though - she doesn't get cereal every day, but close to it. We haven't tried anything but cereal yet - that will be a couple weeks. Rachel's also getting over a cold (which I'm guessing will take about another week) - but luckily she doesn't mind the bulb syringe (her "suckie", as Mike and I call it) too much, although she does make a really funny face when we suck out those bogies, like a combination of consernation and and surprise. :)

I'm trying to think of something in non-Rachel news to share...but I can't. Good thing we have a baby, or else I would have nothing to blog about.

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

I feel the same way about having nothing non-baby to blog about. I feel weird that our blog is pretty much all James, but it's so easy to talk about little babies...especially since they grow and learn new things so fast.

Kathy&Mike said...

I'm so glad you blog about Rachel!!! All of the other stuff is interesting too, don't get me wrong, but I love the pictures and news about that precious little girl. She is growing so fast! I'm glad you are having so much fun with her.

Andrew and Charonne- said...

nice job shoveling! We dont even own a shovel for the snow, and we have been in our house for 3 winters! It sucks to come to our house in the winter casue you have to climb through the snow! I too love baby jeans with stuff on the bum!

Mindy Hawks said...

She looks so cute in the outfit I gave her. I loved the jeans! I also love the scripture one!