I got this idea from Angela (Mindy's sister). You write 100 random facts about yourself. I won't tag anyone specifically, but I think anyone who wants to should do one too, it's really fun to me to learn more about people!
1. My middle name is Louise, which is my mom's and nana's middle name, but I don't really like it.
2. Mike and I have been married for a little over 5 years.
3. I LOVE chocolate. Too much, actually.
4. I am a convert to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. It is the best thing that's ever happened to me.
5. My husband is the second.
6. My daughter is the third.
7. Mike and I got engaged after dating for a month. We both knew after only 2 weeks.
8. I was a drama geek in high school, and I loved it.
9. I am shy, and overcompensate for it by being too outgoing sometimes.
10. I love board games.
11. I blog at the expense of other important things that need to get done (case in point...)
12. Rachel's smile is the most beautiful thing in the world to me. I can't believe how happy it makes me.
13. My in-laws don't feel like in-laws to me. They're just family.
14. I'm stubborn like my parents.
15. I hate working regular, paying jobs.
16. I didn't think being a mom would be this much work.
17. I'm picky about folding towels. Mike doesn't know the *right* way to fold them, so if he does it I have to refold them, and I have to stack them in alternating color order.
18. I love cheesy chick flicks. The cheesier and more predictable, the better.
19. I hate taking pregnancy tests and have wasted so much money on them.
20. My favorite book is "The Hiding Place" by Corrie Ten Boom.
21. I am SO forgetful and have the worst memory. For example, I actually forgot the name of the book that's my favorite, but I remembered the author and had to google it to write #20.
22. I can't smell. Anything. Makes changing diapers really easy.
23. I took an advanced First Aid course in college and am certified in CPR, and I think all moms should do the same. Mike took a EMT course in high school.
24. When Mike was gone with the boys for a night at the cabin a week ago, I actually pulled out my first aid book at midnight and refreshed my memory about infant CPR because I was scared something would happen to Rachel and Mike wouldn't be there.
25. I am terrified of losing Mike or Rachel.
26. I love starting new projects but I'm terrible at finishing them.
27. I am 25 years old, but still feel 14 sometimes.
28. I love dumb jokes - and I genuinely laugh at them, not just because they're dumb.
29. I still check on Rachel in the middle of the night sometimes to make sure she's breathing.
30. I hate some foods purely based on texture, like cottage cheese. Maybe it's because my taste is off, because of the smell thing.
31. I can be really defensive and opinionated sometimes, and I hate that about myself.
32. I interrupt people. Also a bad habit.
33. Mindy is one of my heroes.
34. I feel so close to Mindy's family that I've been on the verge of calling her mom "mom" when we're at their house. Sorry if that's weird Kathy!
35. I don't mind needles, and I love the feeling of satisfaction after giving blood.
36. I had food poisoning on the first night of our honeymoon. My most vivid memory of our honeymoon is the bathroom tiles. Sad, I know.
37. I dream of becoming an author someday.
38. I really really want to go on a Caribbean cruise with Mike; that's the last thing I was thinking about before falling asleep last night.
39. I love Rachel, but I also love it when she's napping.
40. I feel so good after exercising, but hardly ever do it.
41. I've always been lucky to have a high metabolism (so far!), and always hated it when people would say "You're so skinny" in an accusatory way.
42. I hate scary movies and refuse to watch them.
43. I wished I was a cheerleader in high school, but it was way out of my social realm.
44. I am a grammar geek and love to correct grammar and punctuation.
45. My feet are the exact same length as Mike's.
46. I HATE clothes shopping, but love having new clothes.
47. I love to read, but don't do it all that much.
48. I really want to be a good cook.
49. I love to sing when no one else is around.
50. Am I really only on #50?? This is kind of hard.
51. The hardest I've ever cried is over wanting to be a mommy.
52. The baby Mike and I thought we were going to adopt before Rachel would have been half Indian. I would still love to adopt a child whose ethnicity is different from my own someday.
53. I am such a dork sometimes. Ok, most of the time.
54. I am not sporty. I played softball for one year when I was little. They put me in the outfield.
55. I never watched sports until I married Mike. Now I really do like basketball. Football's still boring though (on tv anyway).
56. I love watching dance, ballet especially. I took dance classes for 7 or 8 years when I was little, but never took ballet because I didn't think I was graceful enough.
57. I love saving money, it makes me feel safe.
58. My major in college was Home and Family Living. I absolutely loved it.
59. Mike and I both graduated from BYU.
60. I don't get sports rivalries - I think they're silly.
61. I am a 'blue' according to The Color Code book. It basically means I'm emotional.
62. I really want to be the most caring, nice, genuine, sweet person that I can. Maybe by the time I die I'll come close.
63. I think adoption is such a miracle, but I still long to be pregnant someday.
64. I played the oboe for 4 years - until 8th grade.
65. My family moved to Utah when I was 14. I thought "Mormons" were so weird and it was such an awkward stage in my life.
66. I've played donkey polo in the Dominican Republic.
67. My family's only had a live Christmas tree once. I don't really have the desire to ever have one again.
68. I'll listen to Christmas music as soon as they start playing it on the radio.
69. Really beautiful music can make me cry.
70. I am really clumsy and trip over my own feet all the time.
71. When I clean, I get into "cleaning mode" and get frustrated if anything breaks my cleaning focus.
72. I love HGTV but cannot decorate to save my life.
73. My goal is to be Supermom.
74. Mike and I both wanted to have 5-6 kids when we first got married. We still do, but I don't know if it will work out that way.
75. I have one sibling, a brother named Wayne who lives in North Carolina with his wife Joni and son Devin. Devin is 2 1/2 and I've never met him. I wish I knew them better.
76. Mike and I are totally silly when we're alone together. I would be embarrassed if it was ever caught on tape how very silly we are.
77. I've never broken a bone, had braces, or worn glasses.
78. I hate the feel of silk, it makes me shiver just thinking about it.
79. I would be happy to live in Pleasant Grove, Utah for the rest of my life.
80. My very favorite color is purple.
81. I wish there was a way to repay Mindy and Ben for the miracle they've given us, but I know there isn't.
82. If I could get married again (to Mike of course), I would do it in winter and have dark red roses and a furry white cape over my wedding dress. I'm such a girl to even have thought about that.
83. I was in my awkward stage until I was like 17. Parts of me are still there.
84. I think it's ridiculous to spend a lot of money of clothes. I buy my shoes at Payless and most of Rachel's clothes that weren't gifts I bought at yard sales.
85. I love snow but hate being cold.
86. My favorite season is fall - I love the colors and wearing sweaters but not being freezing cold.
87. I listen to some really dorky music, and don't have very much music knowledge at all.
88. I watched "Dawson's Creek" every week in high school and wished my life was that dramatic. I'm glad it wasn't.
89. I like to have a lot of lights on, but I hate fluorescent lighting.
90. I cross-stitch and crochet. It's surprisingly fun.
91. I am a major procrastinator.
92. I loved college and learning (well, maybe not tests...) and dream of getting my Masters and even Doctorate one day.
93. Are you still reading? Wow, thanks for sticking it out.
94. I care way too much what people think of me. I'm always paranoid that people are pretending to like me but really don't.
95. I can't wait until my daughter is old enough to color and play with toys so that I can have an excuse to play like a 5 year old again.
96. Mike is a lot better with strangers' children than I am.
97. I used to be Catholic, but I don't know much about Catholicism, even though we went to mass every Sunday and I went to Catechism.
98. I'm amazed that I spelled Catechism right the first time just now.
99. My favorite movie is Hairspray. I love musicals.
100. I know that Jesus Christ is my Savior and that God is my Heavenly Father. I hope I can live my life so that I can live with them again someday. My faith is everything to me.
Hey! You made it to the end! I really hope everyone makes a list like this, I really want to read other people's. So I officially tag everyone who is reading this right now. Hope mine wasn't too boring to read. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
That was fun to read about you! You are such a fun and wonderful person! I think we have a lot in common too! I agree on the Christmas music thing and sadly my kids have already started asking to listen to it and we've got the Polar Express CD in the car right now. lol
I loved that. We really are so alike! I can relate to so many of those! And I have always wanted a winter wedding with red roses! Thats my plan! Haha
Mary, I already loved you, but reading your list made me love you even more. I'm amazed at how alike we are! I agree with the majority of things you said. And, PLEASE, call me "Mom" anytime. Kathy
I was totally amazed about how many times you referred to yourself as awkward (shy, dorky, etcetera) while a teenager because I used to wish I could be just like you - graceful, humorous, friendly, relaxed, (oh and have beautiful straight hair too.)
I suppose since I read the whole thing (seriously you and Mike have feet the same length?!?!) I'll have to write a list.
~Melissa
Mary, thanks for doing "The List!" It's pretty hard to think of that many things about yourself. We're on a roll now! I loved reading it. You are such an amazing person and I'm so glad to know you! I can relate to so many of yours, too! I am also a blue. And I definitely think you should be a writer someday.
I loved reading your list also! You did a much better job than I did. I think you should be a writer.
That was a fun post Mary. I really like to read about other people too. I laughed when you told me that others also eat otter pops in the shower! What are the chances? :)
hey, that was fun to read. i think you rock! i'll have one for you too read when i can
Post a Comment