Tuesday, July 22, 2008
She's Here!!!
She's here, she's here, she's here!! Rachel arrived at 6:23 pm on Monday, July 21st. Mindy called us at about 1:30 am on early Sunday morning because they were going into the hospital, so we drove out but her contractions kind of stopped (or at least they weren't painful enough or doing enough for her to stay) so they sent her home. Sunday afternoon we went in again so they could check her progress, and after another couple of hours in the hospital, they sent us all home again. Her doctor said that if she hadn't gone into active labor by Monday morning, she would start doing things to induce. Happily, we all got to rest and we went into the hospital at 7:30 on Monday morning. They gave Mindy some things to get her going and after a few hours her contractions started getting stronger, and after a couple more hours, they got really painful. I almost cried the whole time watching her go through the painful contractions. :( I wished I could take them for her. After a while of pain, she got an epidural :) and it was almost time! She started pushing at about 5:00. Mindy let Mike and I be in the delivery room, and we just stood in awe at Mindy and how amazing she is. Mike said, "I could never do that," as he watched her push through contraction after contraction. She was so good though and everyone was so proud of her. Her mom and dad and sisters were there as well, and they are all so amazing and wonderful. We've always felt like family from the first time we met them all. Rachel came at 6:23 and she is gorgeous! I got to cut the cord (how many moms can say they cut their baby's cord?) and they got to work on getting her going. She was pink and beautiful, but, as yet anyway, she is NOT a crier. We actually have not heard her cry yet (despite birth, pokes and prods, a bath, etc.) but she does squeak pretty good. And she's got really good grip. When they put her in to weigh her she rolled and grabbed a firm hold onto the side of the scale. She is 6 pounds 11 ounces and 20 inches long. And she likes to stick out her tongue. :) We are so incredibly grateful for this amazing blessing and so grateful for Mindy. We love her so so much. I'm sure we'll be posting more updates later, but for now, here are some pictures. :)




























Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
32 comments:
CONGRATS!!!!! I am not a crier, and when I saw the two of you holding Rachael I lost it, what tender pictures! Mindy is amazing, I have so much admiration for her.
Congratulations both of you!
What a beautiful little girl. We are so excited for you and happy to hear everything went well.
Thank you for keeping us in the loop with everything.
Scott & Aubrie
I'm at work and your photos got me teary I have to hide my face. I am so excited for you guys. It looks like you are very close to Mindy. I am very excited for all of you.
Jeff
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! What a beautiful family you are! And what an absolutely darling little baby!!! We are so so so happy for you! You will be amazing parents!! Congrats again!!!
Yay! She is beautiful. Enjoy every moment. I am so happy for you two!
Congrats! She is beautiful! I also got teary! I am so hapy for you guys! I hope we get to meet this little lady! You both will be great parents! Tegan also gripped onto the scale when they weighed him it was so funny and cute.
She's beautiful and perfect! I am so happy for all three of you! What a blessing! I passed the news on to Joy so she can let everyone at TGN know.
Congrats again!! I can't wait to see more pictures. - Kari
I am toally sittin here crying, I am so happy for you guys! She is so perfect, waht an amazing blessing.
Yeah, yeah, yeah!! Such beautiful photos, thank you so much for sharing. Lots and lots of luvs n hugs!
I think everyone who saw you two with your new sweet little Rachel cried. I am so happy for you two and I am so glad that you finally got your sweet little angel. Congrats!
i have been waiting for this post! woohoo-- congratulations! we are so excited for you... she is absolutely precious!
WOW what a great experience for all of you. You must be so pleased!
The pictures are so great, and they made me feel your joy. The birth mother is precious to share her baby with you forever, she must be a very special person.
My hats off to you. YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bishop Chappell
CONGRATS! You sure know how to bring tears to my eyes. I cannot even comprehend what the spirit must have been like in that room yesterday. Thank you for sharing your life with us. Although I cannot comprehend what Mindy went through personally... I congratulate her on the delivery. GREAT JOB MINDI! What a beautiful little girl she is!!! We are so completely thrilled for both of you!!! You have a BEAUTIFUL family! She is such a doll. We look forward to many more happy posts. :) WE LOVE YOU!!!
oops... I spelled Mindy's name wrong in my entry. OOPS! haha! Sorry Mindy :) WE love you too! :)
Hooray!! You two are amazing and Rachel is so beautiful. What an incredible experience this must have been. And it will get better and better each day. We are so, so happy for your family.
Mike and Mary,
Thank you so much for allowing me to share in your joy! It brings tears to my eyes to see the two of you holding your sweet baby girl. Mindy is a strong, beautiful women and I am so impressed to see the sacrifice she has made. I was so touched by Mary's narrative of the experience. Good luck and congratulations!
Stephanie Fugal
CONGRATULATIONS!!! What a beautiful baby girl. We are so excited for the two of you. She is a blessed little girl to have you for parents!
(By the way, the above comment was mine, but I accidentally posted it under a different account, so I deleted it and re-posted it, so you would know who posted the comment.)
Congratulations to the three of you! I,too, got all teary! What a fantastic adventure lies ahead! You guys will be awesome parents!
Mary and Mike, happiness doesn't even begin to describe how I feel for you. She is absolutely beautiful and most definitely the cutest baby ever! I have tears of joy for you and your, now, more complete family. Let me know when your home so we can visit, please. We miss you guys!
~Katie Taylor
She is so beautiful! I'm so happy for you guys. I'm tearing up just looking at the pictures. You guys look so happy. Thanks so much for keeping us posted ... and I WANNA SEE MORE!
Wow I hope I can see through my tears to even type this. I'm so happy for you guys. Never have there been two people more deserving to be parents. The love you guys have for eachother is so obvious and now it is so awesome that you will be able to share that love with little Rachel. What a special little girl who has so many people who love her so much. Congratulations you guys, I can't wait to meet her! I hope it's soon.
oh my I am seriously bawling like a baby! I am SOO happy for you two! She is precious...Congrats and enjoy being parents....you will be great! Love you guys so much!!--Heidi
Wow. I'm not a crier at all, but your pictures totally made me lose it! We can't express how excited we are for you guys. Rachel is so adorable, and Mindy is truly an amazing woman. What a cute little mommy you are, Mary! Congrats on adding such a miracle of an addition to your family!
love,
Nate & Carlee
Congratulations you four. I know it has been a tough road for each of you. I wish you the best!
Mary and Mike,
Congratulations on the beautiful baby!!!! Mary you did a wonderful job at expressing your feelings on the blog. I felt like I was right there sharing in your joy. I am so happy for you both. You have demonstrated such strong faith, and it has been a great example to me. Congratulations again!!
She is beautiful, and congratulations!!! Mindy is an amazing person with immeasurable love! Enjoy getting adjusted to your new life. It may be hard at times, but the time will go by so fast so enjoy every moment! We are so happy for you!!!
Wow!!! She is so BEAUTIFUL!!! We are so happy for you! Mindi is an AMAZING women!!! Those pictures are very precious. We hope to see you 3 very soon!
She is so beautiful... I was just browsing from Charonne and Andrew's blog and I just have to say that your baby story touched my heart. Looking at your pictures I am filled with emotion. I am so happy for you both - though I don't even know you... What a blessing, cherish every moment...
She is so beautiful! You guys are so cute! I am so happy for you. ya I have to admit your pictures totally made me cry. Rachel is such a lucky baby to have such a loving family. This just made my day.
Hi Guys,
I am so happy to see you blog and the arrival of your little daughter - it truly brought tears of joy to my eyes. Will you please give us a call or just drop by our home and show her off? We are so thrilled for you. The Lord does answer prayers.
Love, Sister Chappell
Congrats! This sounds like such an awesome experience for you guys! You make such a cute family! We are so excited for you guys!
Post a Comment