We did the placement on Wednesday, and it was such a spiritual and amazing experience. I really can't even explain it. Adoption is such a miracle. There are so many people that love this little girl so much and just want the best for her. We're just constantly in awe of Mindy and how amazing she is. After signing all the paperwork and spending time with Mindy and her family and taking a million pictures, we headed back to the hotel with our new little bundle of joy. The first night, I don't think I slept hardly at all, because I kept making sure she was breathing, and wondering if all the sounds she was making were normal. :)
Since then, we've spent most of our time just staring at her (and feeding, burping, and changing her) in awe of how perfect she is. I'm sure we're incredibly bias, but we honestly think she is the cutest baby there ever was. She developed a little jaundice, so we've had to take her in to get her blood tested every day since she was born, and we thought she might have to go under the lights to take care of it. She stayed borderline for a few days and then her billirubin levels started going down, so we don't have to take her in any more. :)
Our adoption is very open, so even though we've already done the placement, we still visit with Mindy and her family. They will always be family to us now. A woman in Mindy's ward offered to take some newborn portraits for us, and they are SO cute. We're hoping to get them on cd so we can post them up.
We'll probably be here in Colorado for a couple more days, hopefully we'll be able to go home on Monday or Tuesday. But for now everything is going great and we are falling more in love with Rachel every day. She's our own little miracle. I'm so grateful to Heavenly Father for bringing this little angel into our lives. God is real and He loves us! :)
17 comments:
Hey Mary, I love this entire story....I have had my friends post comments on my blog about your new little fam. You are so blessed and lucky, does Rachel have a middle name?
Yup, it's Loraine, which is also Mindy's middle name
She is beautiful! I'm guessing she was born at St. Mary's in GJ. That is only a couple blocks from where Miles grew up. Small world! I'm so happy for you two. Welcome to the world of children. It is amazing how perfect they are when they are so small. I hope she is doing great for you. I look forward to seeing her in person.
How lucky is Rachel to have 2 mommies that love her so much! You are not bias she is absolutely beautiful! Isn't being a mother the greatest feeling in the world! Staying up up with a baby at night is totally worth it. I cry every time I read about adoption stories and yours is extra special. You are so lucky that Mindy's family is so great! Good luck with sleep! I promise it gets easier! I am so happy for you guys!
She's gorgeous, I can't wait to meet her! We missed you at the campout. Not like you had more important things going on or anything....
Congrats! That is the best news ever! I came across your blog after looking at Maci's blog. Keep up the good work!!
We can't even tell you how happy we are for your little family!!!!! She is so cute and you guys will LOVE being parents. They just get more and more fun. Good luck figuring the whole sleep thing out. We'll be praying for you guys!
Wow. I don't think you're biased at all! She really is a gorgeous newborn, she doesn't look all puffy and wrinkled like Reid did! You are just the best little mommy ever, and Rachel really is so lucky to have so many people who love her so much. I have to make sure I read your blog when I'm alone because I always cry! Your story is one of the sweetest adoption stories I have ever heard. Can't wait to meet the new addition to your family!
Also, every baby needs a good burrito picture!
I'm gonna have to agree with you on the fact that Rachel is adorable. Typically, most newborn babies look like old men (no offense to those whose babies actually looked grumpy and wrinkly) but Rachel looks like a little baby doll. She's just precious! I'm SOOOO happy for you.
Congratulations. She is adorable!!
Hey you two! She's supposed to be a Ute fan, remember?! ha ha, I'll have to get her a onsie for the better team! I LOVE your blog and I'm so glad I'm able to look at new pictures of her. I love you guys so much and I'm so grateful for you. Please tell me if it bothers you that I'm obsessed with your blog and will probably look at it everyday now! I'm jealous that you're still in Colorado and I'm not :) DRIVE SAFE back to Utah, you're carrying precious cargo :)
shes truly beautiful you guys!!! what a sweet blessing and miracle! if you need a SUPER good book that will really help its called "the happiest baby on the block" by harvey karp md. i am reading it and its awesome. congrats again!!!
Ya'all are killing me. Just killin' me! Makes me want to cry. I'm so happy for the both of you! Congrats again, and keep it coming!
she is precious! Congrats again! :)
What beautiful, precious and fun photos! I particularly like the purple pillows (did you bring them) and the BYU onesie.
OH my goodness!!!! I LOVE READING ALL OF THESE UPDATES!!! Yahooo for joyous occasions! What a blessing and what a beautiful little daughter!!!Such a perfect miracle! Love you :)
Post a Comment