Pages

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Home Sweet Home

We got the OK to come home on Monday, so now we're back in Utah - hooray! The hotel was fine, but after a week there, we were so ready to come home! Mike also went back to work yesterday, so now we're adjusting to life at home with a family of 3. I have to say that taking care of little Rachel is infinitely harder - and infinitely more rewarding - than I ever thought it would be. She's still a really good baby and doesn't cry very much, but she does get hungry every 1 1/2 to 2 hours, and has times where her little tummy gets upset (it took me 45 minutes to make a quick lunch of sandwiches yesterday because she just didn't want to be put down), but we're all learning together and Mike and I keep falling more and more in love with her. :)

Family scripture study in the hotel, even though she was sleeping. Maybe it got through by osmosis.

In the days after the placement but before we went home, we took Rachel to visit with Mindy and her family. We have a very open adoption, so placement was not a goodbye. Mindy and Rachel are great snuggle-buddies.

Daddy's a great snuggle-buddy too.

Play time with Daddy

I like this picture because it shows how long her hair is in the back. I think she's gonna have an awesome mullet. :)

Over at Mindy's - Mike is talking on shoe phones to Megan. He was so cute with her.

Rachel meeting Grandpa for the first time.

Grandpa, Grandma and Aunt Jenny

All dressed up in her cute little dress.

Hanging out with Uncle Conner

Aunt Tiffy, who is so cute with her. :)

3 comments:

Naomi said...

Welcome Home! She is so gorgeous! She looks like a little doll! Tegan was the same way and wouldn't let me put him down. Try putting her in a vibrating chair, swing, or even try a little carrier. If you need anything let me know I would love to help in any way that I can.

Holly and Matthew said...

Oh she is so adorable! :) What time is best for people to come over and visit? We want to be respectful of your time. :) I know Matt and I would love to take a peek at your beautiful bundle of joy! :) I can tell you are doing an amazing job! :) love you!

Andrew and Charonne- said...

your invited