Saturday was my birthday (25, in case you're wondering), and Mike suggested that we go to the Museum of Ancient Life up at Thanksgiving Point. Since I'm kind of a nerd, I said, "Wow, that's a GREAT idea!" So we went, and it was really fun. For those who don't know, this is the biggest dinosaur museum in the world, literally, so really it is pretty cool. We saw one of the 3D movies they play on this
massive screen, I think it was called Sea Monsters. Very cool. Then we walked about. Here are some pictures.

Prepare yourself for lots of pictures of Mike and I pretending to be scared of the dead/fake dinosaurs. (Remember, kind of a nerd). You've been warned.

Heh heh.

Ahh!

Not sure whether this is a "scared" face or if I'm just imitating the raptor...

Playing in the sand/water box. I think I was the only person above the age of 10 doing so.

A REALLY big turtle. Woah.

I love Mike's face on this one. Can you imagine seeing a shark this big comin' at you? Yikes.

Mike "uncovering" fossils. I went in after taking this picture and there was a little boy by me with his feet covered in the sand. All of a sudden he flips his feet up and sprays me with sand. For five minutes I was trying to get sand out of my hair. Haha!
On Sunday we played croquet at Mike's parents. I think it's our new favorite Sunday pastime.

Nick & Carisa

The puppies like croquet too, but I don't think they quite know how to play...

Of course they had to swordfight with the ... uh... what are the club things called? Um...

Nick and Dad

Although I started out not being a very good croquet-er, I actually ended up winning one game! Woohoo! (But Dad and Nick both could've gotten me out once and didn't as a "Birthday present," so it's a shallow victory...but still!
And yes, we're still waiting on Rachel, and it feels like we've been waiting forever, but really she's not even due for over a week. But Mike and I are just SOOO anxious to meet her! Patience is NOT one of my strong suites...
3 comments:
Looks like so much fun! We wish we were closer, we love croquet! I also realized how much I miss Read when we saw him at the wedding. He was always my favorite uncle. You guys should move northwest. Everyone's doing it.
I play that croquet game at my inlaws a few weeks ago, i suck
Happy Belated Birthday!!! :) I am sorry we missed it! :) I am so exicited for your little one to greet the world!!! YAY!!!! Love ya ;)
Post a Comment