We celebrate Christmas and do all of our gift-opening at Mike's parents house. As I gathered together all the presents to bring over, I couldn't help noticing that the pile was rather large, and the vast majority of the gifts were for Rachel. This made me smile, not because she would soon have a much larger supply of toys to clutter the house with, but because she has so many people who love her and want to make her happy. Mike and I, my parents, his parents, Mindy, Mindy's parents... all of us have always been in awe of how very much this little girl is loved so dearly by so many.
And, of course, one of her very favorite gifts she got is a 3 dollar foam sword that she's been wielding and whacking us with all evening. The bows on the gifts were also a big hit. Proof that presents need not be expensive. Thank goodness.
After gifts we had the traditional waffle breakfast. Then we played some darts, Mahjong, and tennis on the Wii. My right arm hurts. Mike calls this condition "acute Wii-itis." We spent the afternoon and evening just relaxing at home. The whole day was nice and low-key. It's kind of nice being in the stage where our little girl doesn't really understand presents, because although it's fun to watch her play, it helped us focus on the real Gift of the season. We are so grateful for our Savior. His birth and atonement are the supreme gift we can never repay, and our hearts and wills the only small gifts we can endeavor to return. I'm thankful to have a beautiful time of year to remember and recommit to giving my small gift a little better.

Rachel on Christmas eve riding a rocking horse at Grandma and Grandpa's house. She and Cicily used to fit in it together side by side. Rachel's good at rocking it now though and loves it.

Christmas morning. Rachel's a bit camera shy.

The missionary-to-be (Conner) receiving ties. Oh, and he's wearing a Snuggie that he got as a white elephant from us. He says he'll bring it on his mission if he goes somewhere cold.

Rachel stayed focused opening the first few presents, after that she would get bored and wander off occasionally.

Playing with the foam sword with uncle Kyle.

Daddy showing Rachel how to use her xylophone.
6 comments:
Awww it looks like Rachel made Christmas so much fun! Can't wait to have my kid enjoy wrapping paper more than the present inside it!
wow, she is getting so big!
I love the picture of her with the sword!
Rachel's smile in that last picture (with the xylophone) is the cutest thing EVER! and she looks so big in the rocking horse. I can't believe how she's grown. Your family is beautiful.
I agree with mom, she looks SO cute in that last picture! and the rocking horse one I think she looks a lot like me! hehe! :) Shes such a sweety!
Haha, I totally got my brother a Snuggie as a gag gift too!
Post a Comment