Carisa and I took the babies and went on a shopping trip to the factory outlets at Park City yesterday. It was tons of fun and we found some great stuff. Rachel and Cicily were pretty good in the car and enjoyed their stroller rides too.
We went up Provo Canyon to get there, since it's prettier than driving through Salt Lake. When we got ready to leave, it was about 5:45, so we decided to go back home that way too to try to miss any late rush-hour traffic. We are poor navigators, however, and after being on the road for 15 minutes or so, we started thinking that we weren't going the right way... and after about 10 more minutes, we knew we weren't going the right way, but we were in the middle of nowhere and there were NO exits to get off and turn around at. We kept driving, hoping to find an exit. At this point we were 20 miles from Evanston, Wyoming. I refused to go all the way to Wyoming just to have to drive back again (although it would have been funny to take a picture with the Welcome to Wyoming sign). Instead, I chose to very cautiously, very apprehensively, use one of those "Authorized vehicles only" turnaround things that appear frequently. Luckily there were no police around (I don't even want to know how much that ticket would cost me) and we were on our way back to Park City. We got back there about an hour after we had left, which is about when we should have gotten home. We took the Salt Lake route from there, since rush hour was over by then, and arrived home at about 7:45. The babies stayed happy and/or sleeping until about 15 minutes from home, which was a huge blessing, and Carisa and I just laughed at ourselves. And if you're thinking this story sounds familiar, it is. I also drove Mike and I in the wrong direction coming back from Fruita in September. But that time we went 60 miles in the wrong direction. This time it was only 35. See? I'm improving. Baby steps, Mary. Baby steps.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Love it! I have totally done that, but it was night time and dark and we made it to Evanston before we actually realized that we were going the wrong way. It's really hard to got he right way on the freeway from the outlets!
Mary, you are so funny! I love ya!
he he he ha
he he he ha
I love how Rachel's hair is always sticking up! Oh, and I bought you that shirt! :)
You could have said hello to Heidi's family in Evanston. :-)
sounds like fun. any trip with a child deserves a pat on the back. give yourself a hug to from me. I miss your gutts!
Hey Mary, email me at amandacarter3@gmail.com and I'll explain more about the potty training thing. :)
It's one thing to get lost, but it's something entirely different to end up in the wrong state! Don't feel bad though, if there weren't border patrol I would have ended up in Canada (a different COUNTRY) many times while driving around my old hometown, so Wyoming is not so bad...eh.
Post a Comment