Pages

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Cicily is Superbaby

Kathy left a comment on the last post asking if Cicily (Rachel's cousin) was standing on her own in the picture, and I figured the answer deserved a video. Not only does Cicily crawl, stand, and climb up stairs, she WALKS, and walks well, even in shoes. She's 10 months old right now, but she's been walking, on her own, since she was 8 months old! She is Superbaby. I think part of the reason is because she's so little (in the 3-5th percentile), so she doesn't have much weight to move around, but even then it's amazing. Rachel is still working on crawling, but I think she's getting close. Here's a little video of Cicily struttin' her stuff.

8 comments:

Carisa said...

hey mary can i get this video from you I don't have any video of dancing baby yet.

Kathy&Mike said...

Wow! She is amazing! My sister Krissy also walked at 8 months, but I didn't realize how unusual that was at the time.

Rebecca said...

What a quick learner!! My mom said I started walking at 8 months, but she tried not to encourage me because she had her hands full with my sister already. I think it's even more unusual these days though with the whole sleep on the back movement. Babies definitely crawl and walk slower these days.

Cami said...

This video cracks me up!!! She is amazing! She looks WAY too little to be walking! :) Also, I'm lovin the fact that Nick is playing video games oblivious to all, and Carisa is having a ball with the toy frog! :)

Cami said...

K, Maybe that wasn't carisa..

Mary said...

Yeah, that'd be Conner. I'll let him know you thought he was Carisa though. :)

Cami said...

Tell him he has girly pants on.

Mindy Hawks said...

haha those last comments are cracking me up. I cant believe how well she walks! And I love how she dances! haha