"The same thing we blog about every day, Pinky: pictures of Rachel!"
Hope ya'll don't get sick of cute pictures of her, because I sure don't. :) There are many exciting things I'm looking forward to this summer though:
-Our Connecticut trip
-Going to Mindy's wedding
-Kyle (Mike's brother) coming home from his mission
-Family trip to Fish Lake
-Hopefully buying a house
-Rachel turning one (Seriously?)
-Putting our papers back in for another adoption when she does :)
For now though, here are some pics
Rachel used to not be so fond of grass. As in, she'd scream like the dickens whenever any part of her touched the stuff. She seems to have warmed up to it though. Now we just have to stop her from eating too much of it.
I took a couple pictures of Rachel with a vase of flowering branches I got from Mike's folks. I think they're cool.
(jk- the cap's still on...)
Rachel's Crazy Sweatshirt:
So Rachel has this sweatshirt, and I love using it because it fits great and is really warm. However, I'm a bit confused by the design. I have given this sweater a descriptive name. Put your thinking caps on and try to guess what it is as you look at the pictures:
Picture 1:
I call it Rachel's "Alien Princess Frog Ku Klux Klan Sweatshirt". Now, I don't mean to make light of the KKK or anything, but seriously, look at that hood. I guess it could also be a dunce cap or wizard's hat, but I gotta be honest - neither of those was my first thought when I saw it standing up. Now normally we let it flop and don't stand it up like that. You know, so we don't frighten people. As for the first part, refer to the second picture. What is this thing? An Alien Princess Frog is my best guess, judging by the lily pads on the other side, huge solid color eyes, and crown. But it's open for interpretation.
Personally, I think people who are doing drugs should not be allowed to design childrens' clothing, but maybe that's just me.
11 comments:
Oh that little frog thing is super creepy looking! Good thing you have such a cute baby to draw the attention away from it!
She is such a cutie! The pictures with the flowering branches are very artistic. Good work. It's so wonderful to see Rachel sitting on such beautiful, thick, green grass. Lubbock doesn't have grass like that. I'm excited to be in Utah for the summer, so James can experience grass. :) Simple pleasures.
Ok I just showed the sweater in question to a couple of friends who were over, and they made the observation that the "eyes" are actually the frog's cheeks, and the little knobs on the top are the eyes. It's like one of those Magic Eye things where I can only see if if I squint and look at it very intently, but it makes a lot more sense. Also the crown makes sense if it's a "frog prince." The pointy hood is still weird though, I must say.
I feel like people get bored with my blog too because I only talk about James, but I want you to know that I love seeing what Rachel is up to. That's so exciting that Mindy is getting married! I love the picture with the coke, that's hilarious.
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the picture in the bathtub with Rachel's hair standing up! PLEASE keep posting pictures and info about her. Can't wait to see y'all.
I use that Pinky and the Brain quote all the time. Love it. Rachel is so cute! I love all the photos. And seriously, please tell me you didn't buy that sweater...it has to be a gift :) She is so adorable. I love the bath hair - so funny!
Best sweater EVER! the name you gave it was very appropriate. It looks so cute on her.
I immediately thought of the KKK when I saw the hood. Sorry.
I our defense, I think we found the thing on clearance and needed something for a camping trip. I didn't even notice the weird frog on it until we got it home. I loved that it was so soft! You just need to tell everyone that it is a hand-me-down from Mike's crazy aunt and uncle. We don't mind, we know were nuts!
Brooke - I didn't even know that it was one of the ones we got from you guys, that's funny! We really do like it though, it is really soft and warm. Rachel wears it all the time. :)
That's funny that you did get the sweatshirt as a gift. It would be fun to come up with the designs on clothing. I thought Rachel was really chugging a diet coke. I thought wow, they have started her young. I love the bathtub picture and the beautiful ones outside and next to the flowers. What a cutie pie.
Post a Comment