Pages

Sunday, June 15, 2008

The Housework Can Wait

So Saturday is usually my day to do cleaning and stuff, since the rest of the week Mike and I both work full time and at the end of the day I just don't feel like doing housework! So our house slowly transforms as the week progresses from clean to messy. (Hence, every time we have siblings over on Friday or Saturday night to play games, they say, "You're always doing laundry!" No, I just never do it during the week!)
Anyhow, my point is that I am sitting here on Sunday night with a still-very-messy house, because we had such a fun and busy weekend. First of all, Mike's sister Tiffany and her hubby Josh surprised everyone by suddenly showing up for the weekend. They moved to Logan (2 hours away) in April and we have missed them so much since they left! We used to have them over to play almost every Friday night (and often Saturday too) and see them for Sunday dinner, so it's been a major adjustment to have them gone, especially for our weekend social life. But they decided on a whim to come down for the weekend, and of course we had to make up for lost time by playing MarioKart (Wii), Halo (yes, we girls like Halo too, and we're not half bad), and Rock Band for hours on end on Friday and Saturday night. And since we would inevitably be staying late playing, they slept at our place, which was fun. :)
Then on Saturday we had two baby showers (one from each side of Mike's family). The showers were for both me and my sister in law Carisa, who is also having a little girl in July (4th, so we have both July holidays covered). They were both really fun, and the one for Mike's dad's side was a couples shower, so we got to see lots of the family, which was great! (And it was at Golden Corral, which was also great). It was so neat to hear everyone say how excited they are for us, and to see on cards and in conversation how many people have been praying for us. I honestly had no idea our little family was so thought of and prayed for - thank you all SO much!
Sunday, being Father's Day, we went after church and saw grandparents up in Salt Lake, which was also great. Except for the part where Mike sprayed water (and a tiny bit of potato salad) from his mouth straight at my face. Apparently he kind of choked on his water and had one of those desperate needs to cough despite a mouthful of water and I happened to be sitting next to him, so it was completely unintentional, though I didn't know that at first. We can laugh about it now. :) I also got Mike his first Father's Day card, which was ESPN themed - a bit hit.
So tomorrow I will try to catch up on my cleaning, but it's worth it to have spent such a wonderful weekend with wonderful family!

Here are some pics of the baby showers:

Rachel and Cecily now have so many matching outfits, people will think they're twins!


Gotta love the cute little dresses


Definitely "showered" with gifts, thanks everyone


Me 'n Carisa


Mike modeling a new outfit


Not sure why Mike is making this face...but it is a cute onesie


Brooke and Paul got us this cute frog puppet that croaks every time you move its mouth


Handmade blanket with Rachel's name on it - thanks Tiffers!!!


Grandma and Grandpa holding Cami and Dave's son Dawson. Aww...

2 comments:

Cami said...

Dave and I had fun at the shower, and feel we are getting to know you and carisa better!
Thanks for emailing me the pics, I got them. You have a good memory :) Also, if your ever in the area, call us, we'd like to hang out.

The Sayamas said...

You guys got so many cute things! I think Cami and I had a little too much fun shopping for girls...we could not decide what to get them for a long time. We had a lot of fun at your shower, it was so fun to see everyone. I agree with Cami, we should really hang out sometime!