Pages

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

The Miracle of Birth...and Webcams

Nick and Carisa (Mike's brother and his wife) welcomed their new baby girl, Cicily, into the world this morning at 3:57 am. Nick, however, is still in China on ballroom tour since she came over 2 weeks early. According to the plan, he was going to be coming home more than a week before she was due. Babies are notorious for not being born (or sleeping, eating, etc.) according to their parents' plans though, but fortunately Nick was still there via webcam. And he didn't even have to be up in the middle of the night! (It was around dinnertime the next day in China). Mom and baby are doing great, and Nick's catching the next flight back home to meet his cute new daughter. Carisa did a fabulous job - they got to the hospital around 9:30 pm and Cicily came only about 6 hours later. She is such a cutie!! Mike and I got the call around 11:00 pm and went over with Mike's parents to give Carisa a blessing. Then I took Mike back home (he had taken a Benadryl for his allergies right before bed, so he was out of it) and I came back - I had no desire to sleep. I'm so grateful Carisa let me be a part of this amazing experience along with her mom and sister Heather. I know baby cries aren't exactly the most soothing sounds, but that first wail sounds like Heaven itself! This is also the first grandbaby for Mike's parents - they were so cute. Dad kept saying, "She's so beautiful. I forgot how small they are." She was 5 lbs 8 oz, 18 inches long, and absolutely perfect.

Mom with her headset to talk to Nick


Weighing in

So little


3 comments:

The Bangerter Family said...

Cute baby! When I checked your blog, I got so excited because I thought that was yours! When is Rachel coming again? Congrats again; I get so excited for you everytime I think about you. You both deserve it!

Cami said...

I cant believe she is already here! Good thing we had the shower when we did! :) She is beautiful! Poor Nick :(

The Sayamas said...

Wow! How awesome! She is so beautiful! Please tell them congrats for us!