Pages

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Birthdays!

Reed and Rachel's birthdays are only two days apart, so until they're old enough to not want to, we combine their birthday parties. I can't believe they are 2 and 4! Seems like yesterday both of them were just babies. I still call Reed my baby, but if I call Rachel a baby or even "little", she quickly corrects me. So here's what my baby and 'big girl' were up to for their birthdays.


We decided to get Rachel and bike, and Reed a scooter, for their big birthday presents. I must have forgotten to take a picture of Reed on his scooter, but here are a couple of Rachel on her bike. It hasn't taken her much time at all to get really good at riding it, and she's really good about always making sure she has her helmet. :) She can ride as fast as I can walk now after only a week or two of practice.


The birthday party was going to be on Saturday, Rachel's actual birthday, but I wanted to do something fun on Reed's day too, so we went up to the aquarium. 


 Rachel got a craft set from her Aunt Tiffany for her birthday, of foam princess accessories that you put together and decorate. Rachel and I had a lot of fun making her craft. She loves stuff like this.
Sewing the purse together. With intense concentration.

Applying the stickers.

Finished!

Reed had to try them out too. He likes to say the word "princess", and it sounds so cute when he does.

In a stroke of luck, only a couple days after making this project, Rachel's little preschool summer camp had their "dress up like a princess" day, so Rachel got to put her accessories to good use. 
What a beautiful, poised princess!

 Later in the day, however, our princess because slightly less ladylike, if just as cute.
 And Reed, for some reason, is no longer wearing clothes. Some days are like that.
 Here Rachel is rolling her tongue, a skill which I can also do, but Daddy cannot (and we don't know about Reed yet). I keep forgetting to ask, but Mindy and Ben, can either of you roll your tongues? I wonder who she gets it from.

The birthday cake! Yes, it's for both of them. Yes, it's My Little Pony. Reed actually also enjoys My Little Pony, so it works. And I asked them to throw some blue on there to try and make it a little more gender neutral. Haha!

Trying to pop a balloon.

Opening presents.

Reed got this awesome Batman mask from Nick and Carisa. He loves wearing it.

Rachel digging in.


A couple days later, Reed got into the tupperware holding the leftover birthday cake, promptly spilled it on the floor, and proceeded to eat it off the floor. Waste not, want not. 

2 comments:

Kathy&Mike said...

Oh, my goodness, that picture of Rachel in the princess dress is so beautiful! I just love it! I am a really bad slacker of a granny because Rachel's birthday gift from us is right here on my kitchen counter. SORRY! I need to get it in the mail before it becomes her Christmas present. By the way, I can roll my tongue.

Lynne Jones said...

So much like Chris. Night owl, never waste not, want not. And keeping him dressed...that kid was always out of his clothes before you could catch him.