Pages

Saturday, January 29, 2011

The Best Day


This has been such a great weekend. On Friday, we had our adoption finalization in court. Everything went very smoothly as we became Reed's legal parents.


And we had a bunch of family there to support us too!


I also spent the last few days making a blanket for Reed's sealing and blessing days. I wanted him to have something special that was white. I'm not much of a seamstress, and never would have been able to make this without my sister in law Carisa's help - she's awesome at sewing!

I have to say I'm really quite proud of it. Those ruffles around the edge were a pain in the neck! But I love how it turned out. :)

Today was the best day though. We went to the temple and had Reed sealed to our family. For those who read our blog and are not members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, let me explain briefly. Temples are very special and sacred church buildings where we perform ordinances, one of which to seal, or bind families together for eternity. We did the same thing when Rachel's adoption was finalized.


We are so happy that our family can be together forever. I know that not everyone who reads this believes the same things that I do, and I respect that. I must say though that I felt the most amazing and incredible feeling in the temple today. I shed tears of joy and gratitude for our sweet little boy and the blessing he is to our family, and the miracles that brought him to us. I felt the power of the ordinance and a strong confirming witness of the Spirit that what we were doing was right and true.
Oh, how I love the temple.







14 comments:

Malinda Jane Sieg said...

I am so happy for you guys! What a special experience that must have been. And that blanket is beautiful! I have no doubt that your little chap will always love it.

Mombrud said...

Congratulations! What a wonderful day! We are so happy for you!

Devin said...

Congratulations again you guys!!! So happy and excited for you. These are incredible pictures to go with an incredible day.

Mark Jones said...

That is so great! Your family is growing as well as your hearts. Shiloh and I are so happy for your. We are sorry we could not be there for the ceremony, but we can tell that it truly was a special day for you! Congrats, again.

jennx said...

What an amazing week for you! Thanks for sharing the pictures, it really captures the spirit of the day. So so wonderful!!

Puga Family said...

Yay! I am so happy for you all!

TJ and Jessica said...

Congrats!! That is so exciting!! You all look so beautiful in your white clothes, I'm sure the ceremony was so special. I LOVE the blanket!! You'll have to let me know how you made it! I want to get cute white blankies for the babies for their blessing day (I'm not sure if I'll be able to make them!)

Angela said...

Sooo happy for your beautiful family!! And I'm very impressed with your sewing skills as well! I was actually thinking that ruffle looks like it would be really hard to do! It looks great! Congrats on your wonderful weekend!

Gary said...

Congratulations, that is great. Judge Taylor had shaved his beard down to a mustache right before we moved, but it looks like he is going clean shaven now.

Bethany, Scott, and family said...

That's so wonderful! Congrats! Those pictures by the temple are beautiful!

Kathy&Mike said...

Mary, I am so happy for you all, especially for Little Reed because he has such terrific parents; he is very blessed. And I am very impressed with your sewing ability! Great job! I miss you all.

Amanda and Miles said...

How wonderful!

Unknown said...

So cool!!

Natasha said...

Congratulations! You have such an adorable family.