You may remember this post where I blogged everything I did that day. I also said I would do another post, and have decided to do today - an ordinary Monday. I think this post will shed some light on my life. Namely, that it is not usually as productive as that last post made it sound. Seriously, I haven't gotten that much accomplished in a day since then (I think blogging it motivated me to do more). I feel like I'd be lying if that's the only day I ever chronicled. Hopefully today's will be more illustrative of my actual typical day. Also, back then Reed was really little and pretty much slept all the time and didn't fuss ever. Not so anymore. So here we go.
Monday
3:00 am: Reed wakes up, insert binky, go back to bed.
6:00: Reed wakes up, feed him. Mike gets up and leaves for work. Put Reed in swing, because he's not tired. Bum around on the laptop in bed, waiting for him to get tired again.
7:00: Reed gets cranky (e.g. tired), put him back to bed and go back to bed myself.
8:30: Rachel wakes up. Get her a sippy cup of milk and let her pick a movie to watch. She selects Ice Age. Put it on the computer, and go back to bed again.
9:00: Start typing this, get dressed.
9:30: Eat breakfast. Give Rachel a banana, of which she eats about 4 bites. Put in a load of laundry.
9:45: Get Rachel dressed and watch the last 15 minutes of The Price is Right. Yes, I like to watch The Price is Right sometimes. I have my nana to thank for that.
10:00: Fulfill Rachel's request of "Mo-ee malt" and "Urt" (More milk, and yogurt) and get Reed's morning bottle and reflux medicine ready.
10:15: Dress and feed Reed while watching True Hollywood Story (Rachel Ray).
10:40: Put Reed in his bouncer and continue watching while going through yesterday's papers. I get 5 copies of the Sunday paper for coupons, but I think someone stole them yesterday so they delivered them today. Rachel liked bringing them in for me. Throw away Rachel's yogurt cup. She ate exactly 2 bites. I don't know how that girl doesn't starve to death.
11:00: Force Rachel to put her pants on, pack up the kids to go ship a package at the post office.
11:05: Rachel notices that neighborhood kids are outside and wants to play. She runs around for a few minutes. One of the neighbors notices that Rachel is stinky. Wish I would've known that when I put her pants on. Curse my defective nose.
11:10: Change Rachel while Reed screams in his car seat. Get kids in car.
11:20: Get to post office, get kids out of car, walk into post office only to see that it's closed for Columbus Day. Rats. Get kids back in car and drive home.
11:30: Get home and rock with Reed to put him to sleep.
11:45: Put Reed in Pack n Play and go upstairs to switch laundry. Take advantage of sleeping baby and entertained Rachel (2nd round of Ice Age, for 15 minutes anyway) to eat lunch.
12:10: Reed wakes up. Rock him.
12:30: Put Reed back down. Get Rachel paper and crayons to color. Work on cleaning and picking up upstairs, interspersed with a call from Mike and playing with Rachel.
1:15: Reed fussing. Change his poopy diaper with running commentary from Rachel. "Reed poopy. Ew. Wipes. Reed pee pee. Kiss Reed." Rock him while watching HGTV.
1:45: Put Reed down and have a snack, and get Rachel a snack.
2:00: Rachel naptime. Of course she fights it, but marshmallows make it all ok.
2:15: Cut out and file coupons from Sunday paper while Reed chills in his bouncer. Take occasional breaks to elicit smiles from Reed. Also let Rachel out for a minute because she's yelling "Kiss Reed!" from her room. Let her kiss him and put her back down.
2:50: Finished coupons. Rachel was whining upstairs but now she's quiet. Not sure if she's sleeping or not, but either way, I'll take it. Call Mike and give him a shopping list to pick up on his way home. Clean up living room.
3:05: Take a moment to Facebook and bask in the quiet of Rachel napping (I think) and Reed having fallen asleep during tummy time on the floor. Nothing but the gentle hum of the computer. Ahhh.
3:15: Clean up kitchen. Think to myself for the umpteenth time that I really need to organize Rachel's toys and put away half of them to rotate out. I think they're multiplying on their own at this point.
3:40: Mike comes home, bringing the groceries, and flowers. Aw. Rachel gets up from her nap and is super grumpy, so we sit together on the rocking recliner for a while, eating raisins.
4:15: Feed Reed. Change his diaper and onesie.
4:40: Brayden, a little neighbor boy a little older than Rachel, knocks on the door, so we go out and play with neighbor kids for a little while. It's fun to chat with the other moms and get outside for a little bit.
5:15: Come back in and start dinner (taco salad).
5:45: Eat dinner
6:05: Get a screaming, overtired Reed calmed down and to sleep.
6:15: Clean up kitchen. My least favorite part of cooking.
6:20: Stop to calm down Reed again and watch Mike and Rachel play on the living room floor, which is actually the reason Reed woke up again in the first place. Rachel screams like a banshee when she's excited. Took a video of them playing. So cute. Also had Family Home Evening. We talked about The Family Proclamation.
6:50: Back to dishes. Occasional pauses to get Rachel juice, graham crackers, etc.
7:20: Sweep and mop kitchen floor, which I don't really feel like doing, but it hasn't been done in like a week, and there's squished raisins, smashed mini-wheats, and a dead fly down there, among other things, so I really need to.
7:40: Get Rachel ready for bed while Mike holds Reed, which includes chasing her around to get PJs on. She thinks it's a fun game to yell "No!" and run away. My laughing at her probably doesn't help, haha!
7:50: Mindy calls. :) Rachel and I chat with Mindy for a little bit and start to make plans for when they come into town in a few days.
8:00: Rachel to bed. Hold and rock Reed again (he's been having a tough time with his cold, poor guy).
8:20: Get Reed down to bed. Enjoy a little TV (Good Eats) and a snack (graham crackers with frosting- yeah, I'm healthy like that). Ahh.
8:35: Go down to theater room and play video games with Mike. :)
9:30: Take shower, dry hair, etc.
10:00: Prepare Reed's bottles for the night. Watch TV and maybe have some more snacks (I'm hungriest at night, k?) until Mike comes up to summon us to bed. Ok, he doesn't really "summon", I just wanted to use that word in a sentence. Can you tell I'm tired yet?
11:00: Bedtime, yay!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sounds like my days! It was fun talking to you guys! I love talking to Rachel on the phone. Can't wait to see you guys in a few days!
Post a Comment