Pages

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

September So Far

Can you believe it's already fall? I can't. Maybe that's because I haven't been outside my house much. Anyway, here's a little picture update of our recent happenings.

These first few are from when Nick, Carisa, and Cicily were staying with us. Whenever I lay Reed down, Rachel has to lay next to him. And whatever Rachel or Cicily does, the other has to do too.


"On guard!"


Reed's getting a pretty nifty double chin now. Hehe.


They emptied out the toy closet so they could sit inside and read books. Good thing toys are easy to clean up. I don't organize them anymore, I just chuck 'em all in and shut the door.


This is the rocking recliner in the living room where I pretty much spend all my time now. Reed loves being held and rocked. Some days I feel like I'm glued to this chair. But he's so cute, it's ok. He's going to grow up fast anyway.


Rachel was really excited to get to play on the computer.

Last Tuesday we got a chance to visit with Chris and Shelah (Reed's birth parents) before they moved out of state. It was great to see them and they loved getting to see and hold little Reed!



We got Rachel a doll that coos and moves that she can feed. She loves holding, burping, feeding, and rocking her baby. She is a very good mommy. Except today when she made a game of throwing her baby down the stairs repeatedly. Good thing she has lots of time to learn.


I {heart} footie pajamas.


Ready to roll. I put him in this onesie and realized it's too small. I'm amazed at how many clothes he's already grown out of.


I just liked this face.


So, this morning for breakfast I got Rachel some toast with Nutella on it, because she ate half of my piece just a few minutes before instead of eating the raisins she had. I put it in front of her while she watched Mickey Mouse on the computer and went to tend to Reed. When I came back 10 minutes later, this is what I found:


That, my friends, is a piece of toast with all the Nutella licked off and decorated with raisins. The picture doesn't even do justice to how nasty it looked.

Great picture to end the post with, eh?

7 comments:

Mombrud said...

What fun pictures! They grow up so fast and time, energy, and mental ability to take pictures seems to reduce. I need to take more! I can relate to the toy cupboard. I found a bin that fit in my cupboard that they could pull out whenever they just wanted to play in the cupboard so I didn't have to clean up all the toys they didn't play with multiple times a day! Thanks for sharing!

Mindy Hawks said...

The bread is so funny! That's great you got to see Reed's birth parents (I'm always curious to see pictures).

Amy said...

Mary you are such a great mom. I love to read your posts. Reed is such a cute baby, I can not wait to see him.

Shmobby said...

Mary I am so so so happy for you guys! Life has been super busy the last few months...and I got on here to see how you guys were doing. Imagine my surprise! Congratulations!!! What a blessing little Reed is! And now Rachel has a brother - the sweetest little family! You are a wonderful mother and they are so blessed to be in your family. What wonderful people their birth parents are for giving them such a gift. Wow I just can't believe that happened so quickly for you guys. Have so much fun and don't ever put him down to do chores! ;)

Shmobby said...

Hey Mary!!! Congrats you guys!!! I just typed up a whole comment...and it disappeared! So if you end up with two from me lucky you! Wow what a surprise!!! You have such a beautiful family, and I love that Rachel now has a baby brother. Oh I wish I could see him in person! You guys are such awesome parents - enjoy every sweet moment! Love you!! -Tawna

Kathy&Mike said...

Love the last funny face of Reed and I cracked up laughing at Rachel throwing her baby down the stairs! Classic!

Kathy&Mike said...

Love the last funny face of Reed and I cracked up laughing at Rachel throwing her baby down the stairs! Classic!