Pages

Monday, September 20, 2010

Our Chunky Monkey

Reed had his 2 month checkup today. Tonight, he is not a happy camper:

His little poked thighs are hurting him, and his squeaky little cry is so very sad.

He's growing like crazy though. Even though we think he has reflux (he spits up at almost every feeding and is fussy and in pain from it for at least a little while on most days), he's packing on the pounds. We got him a prescription for the reflux, so we're hoping it will help him feel better. Here are his stats:

Length: 23 inches (75th %)
Head: 38.2 cm (25th %)
Weight: 12 lbs 8 oz (75-90th %)

It's pretty fun to have him be such a rolly polly little dude. Rachel's weight has never been over the 50th percentile, so we get quite a kick out of his rolls, double chin, etc.

Doctor said everything looks and sounds good, and all the nurses and MAs commented on how cute he is and how much hair he has. He's quite a chick magnet already. ;)


And you know what I was thinking about tonight as I was holding and trying to comfort him? How he has no idea why he's in pain. He has no idea that we caused him pain because it will keep him healthy. Why the people who love and feed and cuddle him would let such a thing happen to him. Sometimes I think we're so like that with our trials. We wonder how a loving Heavenly Father could ever let bad things happen to us if he loves us. And we don't realize that He lets bad things happen to us because he loves us. I'm going to try to remember that next time I'm on my knees asking "Why??"

3 comments:

Mindy Hawks said...

Wow, that was awesome, Mary! I love your analogy!

steph said...

Shot days are a bummer. Those days I expect to give more hugs and kisses and not get much done in the house, unless he takes super long naps! I am amazed at how many lessons J has taught me. I'm definitely not the only one learning in our house. Thanks for sharing!

Kathy&Mike said...

Two months old already? How did that happen? I also love your analogy and plan to use it someday in a talk or lesson. You are always so profound!