Pages

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Yuba

A month or two ago, Mike and I were given the church assignment of organizing Youth Conference in our ward. I have to admit, we weren't exactly excited about it, but we got it planned out and were at least happy to have a chance to go camping. Plus, there were only like 6 kids going, so it's not like it was some massive project anyway.

We ended up having a great time though! We went down to Yuba lake, camped, played games, and the other couple helping us organize had a boat they brought down so we could go tubing and wake boarding. Plus we happened to schedule it during the time that the Mormon Miracle Pageant was going on in Manti, so we got to go to that too. It was really neat. And the youth that went were so great - they were nice (to us, and each other), fun to be around, and didn't grumble when we had spiritual lessons or did service projects.

The only hitch was when it was windy the second day, so we couldn't go out on the boat and ended up going home early. So I went tubing the first day but I didn't get to try wake boarding! Bummer - I really wanted to. Plus it probably would have been fun for everyone else to watch me fall over and over again. I am so not coordinated. Anyway, here are just a couple pictures:

Our little tent on the beach.

The guys playing football after eating our tin foil dinners. I hope we get to do a lot more camping this summer, and see how Rachel likes it. She stayed with Mike's parents while we were gone since we had to be in charge of everything.

Oh, and since my legs were in desperate need of a tan, I purposely did not put sunscreen on them. That was a bad decision. Ouch.

2 comments:

Mombrud said...

Sounds like you had a lot of fun and did a great job!

Mike, Mary, and Rachel said...

Yeah, but your legs look tan now :)
-Mike