Pages

Friday, June 4, 2010

Meet Boomer!

We got a puppy! We've always known we wanted a dog sometime, now that we have a house. We thought we'd probably wait until Rachel was a little older. But this girl LOVES dogs and freaks out with happiness every time she sees one, even out the window or on TV. So we started talking about maybe getting one, and a few days later (last night) we were in Tooele picking up this little guy. He's a miniature schnauzer - which is always the kind of dog we knew we'd get. Mike's family has pretty much always had schnauzers. They're smart, small, good with kids, and don't shed (Mike's allergic to pet fur).

He's almost 7 weeks old and very small and cute. Rachel absolutely adores him. This is my first time ever having a dog, so I have a lot to learn, especially since I'll be the one home trying to train him. But we're excited to have him in our family!

Oh, and funny side note: Boomer is also Mike's brother Conner's nickname, apparently. When you text the name "Conner", the auto-spell thinks you're writing "Boomer" so I guess that's his nickname with his friends. None of us in his family call him that though, and that's not why we picked the name - we just liked it. Hopefully Conner doesn't mind...





2 comments:

Kathy&Mike said...

Your puppy is darling. I love Rachel trying to share her goodies. I keep accidentally calling baby Ashlyn "Rachel."

Mindy Hawks said...

I almost call Ashlyn Rachel ALL the time! haha!

I love the puppy, and I love the name!