Pages

Sunday, February 14, 2010

On this day seven years ago...

I was a technically single girl, pining away for my missionary and deciding whether or not to give up on the whole dating thing until he came back after several awkward non-romances. My visiting teaching partner invited me to go to the ward valentine's day dance, and I thought, "Hey, what the heck" and went. Most of the night was just more awkwardness, until about 11:00 at night when I recognized a guy who walked in from high school. Mike something. He gave me a smile of slight recognition too and we danced. When the song ended, the DJ said this was going to be the last song, and we decided to just keep dancing. I liked him, and it seemed like he liked me. After the dance I wanted to hang out with him more, but was too shy to say anything, and we both just left. But I kept hoping to see him again. A few hits and misses and one month later, we started dating, and, well, you know the rest. :)


And he had the good grace to not tell me until after we were married that my breath really stunk at that dance.


He still liked me anyway, and I still really like Valentine's Day, because it's the day I met my permanent Valentine.

3 comments:

Kathy&Mike said...

Mary, you always crack me up! I love you guys!

Mike, Mary, and Rachel said...

ahh, thanks Snugs. I just read this.
I like being your permanent Valentine.

Mindy Hawks said...

You have told me this story before but I think it is so cute! Gotta love singles wards! Even though me and Jake knew each other our whole lives, we never really paid attention to each other until going to the same singles ward. :)
I just think you and Mike are such a cute couple. I love you guys!