I have been feeling a little bit daring so I thought I would put up my 3rd blog post ever (Mike).
My hobbies are very important to me, I love to play, as I am sure most everyone does. I have been a gamer most of my whole life, thanks to my oppressive whining as a child and my parents complying with my desires to have a Nintendo. (I try to keep my gaming to moderate levels). I like many different types of games but I really enjoy first person shooters like Call of Duty 4 and Halo. Many of us gamer and even non-gamer types want to actually live these battles that we have on our Xbox or Playstation. That is where Airsoft comes in.
Airsoft is a lot like paintball but instead of shooting paintballs, you shoot little plastic bbs. Paintballers are a dying breed; the sport is overly expensive, messy, and there are very few places to play. The first thing I am always asked about my new hobby is "Does it hurt?" Yes, it does hurt. Your average airsoft assault rifle shoots between 320 and 400 feet per second with .20 weight bbs. In other words, pretty hard. Airsoft is cheaper than paintball, is more realistic, and there is no paintball splatter. Airsoft guns are based on real life weapons. You want an AK-47 or an M16, etc., you got it. So now all us gamers can use replicas of our favorite video game weapons. It is a beautiful thing.
One of the problems with airsoft and paintball was finding people to play with and places to play. I have played with multiple airsoft groups in the last year and a half. There has always been something I haven't liked with each group I have played with (the people playing, poor safety rules, overly hardcore military simulations, and holding games too infrequently). So, a buddy of mine and I decided to start our own airsoft group, "Just For Fun Airsoft." We created a website to have a calendar of airsoft events, a forum, and picture galleries. You can check it out at JustForFunAirsoft.com I am "Brudis" on the site.
In less than 3 months we have over 90 members and add more and more with every weekly game we play/host. It is tons of fun. People keep saying how much they love the games and the environment we play in. We are always looking for more people to come on out and try it. We usually have extra guns we can loan out for first timers. Let me know if you (or your husbands) might be interested. :)
Here are some pics. I am the guy usually wearing the face drape. We all get usually camouflaged up.
Sunday, August 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I love the pictures! They look like old war pics! :)
I want to go!!
Mike, I'm sure Mark would absolutely love to go! He works so hard and deserves a little break now and then. Give him a call!
That seriously looks really fun!
Post a Comment