She has her two month checkup on Tuesday, so I'll post the statistical update then for anyone who's interested in the weight/length stuff. We also are meeting with a lawyer on Monday about finalization of the adoption. To clarify the finalization process for anyone who doesn't know and is curious: Finalization happens six months after placement, at which time Rachel will officially and legally be our daughter. Up until then, she technically is in the custody of the adoption agency and is simply placed in our home. We have supervisory visits from the agency to make sure all is well, and at the end of the 6 months we go to court (hence the need for a lawyer) and the adoption is finalized. Then we can get an official birth certificate, listing us as her legal parents. She also can't get a social security number until that point (so for now she's flying under the radar!). Church-wise, she also can't be blessed until after finalization, so if anyone is wondering why you haven't been invited to her blessing, it's because she hasn't had it yet! The best of all the things that we can do after finalization is that we can go to the temple and seal Rachel to us for eternity. We can't wait for that day!
On to the pictures!
More the next night. I think she almost looks proud of herself in this one. "Look, Ma, I'm doin' it!"
One final practice before bed. This is the toy we tempt her with. She loves the rattling noise.
5 comments:
The little milestones are so fun! I remember with Christian how excited we got with each one. Now I have to really work not to miss them with Jenna! Life is busy. You sure have a smart cutie!
Reading all the wonderful things you post about adoption always makes me cry! I love where you said you'll have her sealed to you, that'll be such an amazing day. I know you both are well aware of this, but our family loves you guys so much! Happy two month Rachel! I've been thinking of her all day :)
Love the "Dude" face! Also the princess sign. I can't believe it's been two months already. She looks like she's growing like a little weed. We love you all.
So cute! I was at work last night right at 6:23 and I told my friend Rachel was exactly 2 months old. She's growing so much, I cant wait to see her again!
shes so beautiful you guys! what an angel!!!
Post a Comment