These pictures include my parents' visit and whatever else was on the camera from the last week or so.
Friday, September 5, 2008
Meme & Pepe Come to Town
We were so happy to welcome my mom and dad for a visit the last few days. Rachel loved meeting her Meme & Pepe! (They prefer the French titles, which is good because it makes it easy to separate from Grandma and Grandpa). They live in Connecticut, and took a couple weeks off to drive (yes, they drove) from CT down to North Carolina to visit my brother and his family, to Colorado to visit my mom's brother, and over here to Utah to visit us. Then they're heading up to Yellowstone for a day and then back home. Phew, what a trip! My dad loves to drive though (which is good, considering the trip totals some 6,000 miles all together). We were so happy to see them, and I really appreciated how much my mom did for me even though she was on vacation! She tended Rachel a lot and did dishes and washed bottles, etc. It was so nice to have a bit of a break and get to see my parents all in one weekend. Plus she helped me to get Rachel on somewhat of a schedule to help her sleep longer. I think the problem was that I was feeding her every time she fussed even a little bit, so I was trying to feed her at times when she wasn't even hungry. Now we wait a little longer in between when we feed her and she eats better and sleeps better at night. We're up to 3 or so hours between feedings instead of 2, and one night she even went 4 hours twice in a row! It's the little things in life...
These pictures include my parents' visit and whatever else was on the camera from the last week or so.
My nana (mom's mom) cleaned out her storage unit recently, and my parents brought with them some stuff she wanted to give to me from it, like artwork from when I was 3. It was so funny to look at.
These pictures include my parents' visit and whatever else was on the camera from the last week or so.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I LOVE the eskimo kisses picture! So cute! I love you guys!
Mary,
It was so good to hear from you on our blog! Your little family is so darling, and we will love checking in and seeing what you guys are up to from time to time.
Brooke Kamalu
When Deirdre started wanting to nurse every hour (yes, every hour) I discovered it was because it was warm and her mouth was just getting dry. So now I keep a sippy cup of water nearby. Perhaps that would work for your family to have a bottle of water on hand in case she gets thirsty inbetween feedings?
I love seeing the pictures!!! Rachel is getting so big, and you look cute being mommy (uh, mike you look . . . cute? . . .too! hehehe).
Post a Comment