Pages

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Rachel By The Numbers

Rachel had her 2 month checkup today, so here's an update! For perspective, she was born at 6 lbs 11 oz and 20 inches long. Now she's 10 lbs 14 oz, 22 1/2 inches long, and her head is 37.8 cm. Her weight and length are both right in the 50th percentile, but her head is in the 25th, so she's got a little noggin (but it's such a cute noggin...) And she had to get 2 shots for vaccines :( She cried during the shots, of course, but pretty much stopped crying as soon as we held her afterwards. They tell you to massage the injection sites to help them not be sore, but she cries so bad when I do that I feel bad - it's such a sad little cry. :( She's sleeping right now, but cries and squeaks in her sleep once in a while. I think these shots are harder on the parents than on the kids! But Mike and I definitely believe in vaccinations. I'll take a couple of shots and a little crying over Polio any day thank you very much. And our pediatricians office does free (or insurance covered anyway) flu shots in October, so Mike and I signed up (Rachel's too little for one this year). Remember to get your flu shot everyone! Tis the season! Speaking of which, I already can't wait for Christmas this year for some reason...

5 comments:

Kristi said...

I hated taking Cougar for his shots. It seemed to be the first in a long line of "I'm doing this for your own good" moments. I did find it helped to give him tylenol before we went. He would always get sore a little bit feverish.

Aaron said...

I know how you feel. Christmas is something special. Tiff wont let me put up the tree yet. Imagine that.

Mindy Hawks said...

Thanks for the update! I love hearing how big she's getting. She is getting so cute and chubby! And she has such a cute little teeny head!! I hated watching them draw her blood from her foot...it is so sad! :( But Im glad you guys are pro vaccines... for sure! I love you 3!!!

Kathy&Mike said...

Thank you for protecting little Rachel from disease. Vaccinations are one of the easiest things we can do to keep our children safe. She is growing so fast! You guys need to come over and see us.

Rory & Lori said...

Wow, she is getting bigger! She is such sweet little baby! I agree with you about vaccinations, even though they scare the heck out of me. I think they have made them a lot safer and done a lot to improve them over the years, though. It's weird, the 3 years I have gotten a flu shot are the only 3 years I have gotten the flu-and I got it BAD. I don't know why but I guess there are just so many strains out there. I haven't gotten the flu shot for a few years and have stayed flu free, so I won't get shot again!