After golf we went for lunch, and we were going to go to an Orem Owlz baseball game in the evening, but we were both really tired and just wanted to stay home, so Mike's brother Conner came over and we played Tiger Woods. And we went to dinner too. So all in all it was a low-key but nice and relaxing anniversary.
Sunday, August 10, 2008
Five Years - The Golf Anniversary?
Friday was our 5 year anniversary. Part of me feels like it just flew by, the other part feels like we've been married forever (in a good way). We let Grandma watch Rachel pretty much the whole day so we could just hang out (although I still needed to call and stop by once to check on her, even though Mike's mom is a fabulous baby sitter). Mike got me into playing Tiger Woods on the XBox, and that got me interested in trying actual golf (even though the two are nothing alike), which is a dream come true for Mike ("You really want to try it?!") So we headed down to the golf course and I tried my hand at the driving range and the putting green, and it was pretty fun! We thought about playing a round, but it was hot and I'd rather try my first round when we can play with Mike's dad and/or brothers, so they don't pair us with strangers who get annoyed at my inexperience. Hopefully we can all go play sometime soon - I'll keep you posted. :)
After golf we went for lunch, and we were going to go to an Orem Owlz baseball game in the evening, but we were both really tired and just wanted to stay home, so Mike's brother Conner came over and we played Tiger Woods. And we went to dinner too. So all in all it was a low-key but nice and relaxing anniversary.
So I just looked it up and actually the 'traditional' gift for a 5 year anniversary is wood, so it actually fits. Tiger Woods. 3 wood. Ha!

This is what we usually look like around 9:00 in the morning after Mike's left for work. I almost didn't put this pic up because I look terrible, but I also think it's funny.
After golf we went for lunch, and we were going to go to an Orem Owlz baseball game in the evening, but we were both really tired and just wanted to stay home, so Mike's brother Conner came over and we played Tiger Woods. And we went to dinner too. So all in all it was a low-key but nice and relaxing anniversary.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Congrats on the cute new daughter! Yay, being a parent is amazing, mine is just learning to crawl and pull up on things.
Happy 5 year anniversary!! YAHOO! It sounds like you had a wonderful celebration! I can't get over how beautiful she is... so adorable. :) How are you hanging in there with sleep? :)
Happy Anniversary you two love birds! I'll never forget your anniversary :)
Post a Comment