Pages

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Sometimes we even take pictures of ourselves

Guess what? This post has no pictures of our children in it. Crazy, I know, but stay with me. On Monday, Mike started his new job. (Woot!) He's a training manager at an internet hosting company. He's liking it so far, but we're both trying to remember how to live normally - me by myself with the kids all day, and Mike remembering why he loves weekends so much. His job is good though and we're so happy he's working again. Thank you for all the help, love, and prayers!

So there was a week in between when Mike found out he got the job and actually started working. So we took a day and stayed over at park city while Grandma and Aunt Jenny stayed at our house to watch the kiddos. It was nice to get away, even if it was only for 24 hours. :) It was a combination celebratory trip and anniversary trip (8 years!) Here's some pictures:

Here's us getting on the ski lift to go on the alpine slide. We actually went to Park City for our honeymoon too. This trip was better, because I didn't have food poisoning. :)

Ready to go down!


I think here is a good place to tell you that when Mike was a teenager, he once went down these slides without using any brake at all. Coming out of the last turn he crashed his slide, and still has scars from it. Needless to say, he uses the brakes now.


We also did the zip line, which was pretty fun.

Woohoo!
We stayed at the Westgate Park City. The only picture I took was of the adults only swimming pool (one of 3 pools that this massive hotel had). It was nice to relax in the mostly deserted pool without kids splashing all over.

When we got to Park City, we did the alpine slide, then went to check into the hotel. We were 45 minutes before the official check in time, so they gave us a key card to be able to check out the hotel and park, and told us to come back at 4:00. When we got back to the lobby at 4:05, there was a line going out the door. It took us a whopping 45 minutes standing in line before we could check in. Then once we navigated the labyrinthine layout (there are 4 buildings) and got to our room, our key didn't work! Mike gave the front desk an earful the next morning and we're hoping for some of the room charge to be taken off. But we shrugged it off and after we got settled, went down and swam in the pool and then got ready for dinner. We had dinner at a fancy Park City restaurant, which was yummy and crazy expensive, and then walked Main Street, which I did in my bare feet because I wore very high heels to dinner and they were killing my feet!

The next day we did the zip line and then came home. The trip felt too short but it was nice to just be with my awesome hubbo. I sure love him. :)






4 comments:

Angela said...

How fun to get away just the two of you! I love Mike's new hair 'do! Congrats on 8 years :)

Rebecca said...

I love the pictures of just you two! You look so pretty Mary! I'm glad you were able to get away to celebrate, Happy Anniversary!

Mindy Hawks said...

Mary, you look so pretty in all these pictures. That sounds like a fun trip! You guys are just so cute!

Kathy&Mike said...

You are such a cute couple. Looks like great fun. I love zip-lining. I agree, you do look so pretty, Mary.