Pages

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Mommy Daughter Date

Earlier this afternoon, Mike and Reed stayed home and Rachel and I went on a little adventure to the mall together. The main reason was to ride a little train they have that goes around the bottom floor of the mall. It's one of Rachel's favorite things to do, and she's been on a bit of a train kick lately. It turned into a pretty fun day with my favorite little girl.

I don't actually have a picture of us riding the train. Oops. But Rachel loved it and waved to everyone as we rode around the mall.

But after, we played in the little kiddie play area close by.

Then we noticed a sign that said on Saturdays from noon to 2:00, they have someone there making balloon animals for free. I looked at my phone, and it was about 1:00, so we tracked down the balloon artist and he made Rachel an awesome flower (of which I also do not have a picture).

After Rachel got her flower, we went back to play some more. Behind the play area, the mall has one of those big trampolines where you get hooked up to bungee cords and can jump really high. It didn't even occur to me to have Rachel do it, but as I was sitting watching Rachel play, the guy running it asked me if me or Rachel wanted to go for free since no one was on it. Of course I volunteered Rachel, half worried that she would freak out.

So she climbed on up. The guy was so nice and careful as he strapped her in:

And then off she went! She seriously LOVED it and laughed the whole time, even when she got some major air. Check it out:


Afterwards, posing for the camera:We made sure to give that nice man lots of thanks. :)

After that, we went up to the food court and got a cinnamon sugar pretzel and Rachel talked me into getting her a novelty cup with a seahorse and swirly straw.

Then we just walked around for a bit. I bought some nail polish, and Rachel tried on a couple tiaras.

Thanks for an awesome Saturday afternoon Princess!

1 comment:

Kathy&Mike said...

What a beautiful Princess!! I love that she wasn't afraid to jump so high.