Pages

Friday, July 31, 2009

Picture Winner and Piggie Tails

Back in this post, I asked you all to guess how many pictures we've taken of Rachel in her first year. Most people guessed somewhere in the low 1000's, which is definitely a lot of pictures. However, my dad, who is a camera nut himself, was the only one who got close, with a guess of 3200. This is probably because he takes so many pictures himself, that it doesn't seem crazy to him (and now, finally, doesn't seem crazy to me anymore either, Dad. Sorry for always making fun of you for taking so many pictures...)

So what was the final count?

3460!

That's a little over 9 pictures a day, although we took a TON in the first couple of days/weeks, and not as many later on. Good thing we have a digital camera and an external hard drive. I also periodically back up all the pictures on DVDs and put them in our fire safe.

Needless to say, Rachel's first year is well documented.

***

In other news, this morning I tried something that I hadn't before attempted: putting up Rachel's hair. I always figured her hair was too short, and she refuses to wear hats or headbands, so I thought she would rip it right out if I tried doing her hair. Maybe it was just because she was eating when I did it (I planned it that way), but she didn't seem to mind the process at all, and hasn't taken it out so far. I think it's adorable. :)

5 comments:

Kathy&Mike said...

Oh, she looks sooo CUTE!!! And I really thought I was estimating too high guessing 1300 pictures. You are so funny!

steph said...

LOVE her hair! I dunno what it is about little girls in pony or pigtails, but they look so much older with them in. Whereas, if I did my hair in pigtails, I would look like a doofus.

Kiersten said...

Okay, I am so glad to read that you took so many pictures. I don't know if we'll make it quite that high, but we will be pretty darn close. I was thinking it about how many pictures we'd taken and started to feel like a crazy person. Now, I feel much more normal!

Mindy Hawks said...

LOVE the pigtails! She is so beautiful!

h. said...

She looks like a character out of a Dr. Seuss book - maybe because we did girls' hair up like this in Seussical - and absolutely adorable.