I'm loving that it's finally starting to get warmer and feel like springtime! We've done a couple fun things these last couple of months. The kids, as always, just keep growing and exploring new things. Rachel seems more like a kid than a preschooler to me nowadays, which is weird. She'll be starting kindergarten this fall, which I'm still in denial about because I cannot believe that she is growing up that fast. Reed is his usual ball of energy, and talking up a storm all day long. He's so cute and fun. Here's some of what we've been up to the last couple months.
Rachel took an 8 week ballet class, and on the last day of class, they invited families to come and watch what they have learned and perform their little dance. Mike came and so did Mike's mom (Reed and I were there too, but we were there every class). Rachel loved performing for an audience. She enjoyed the class, but hasn't really talked about it again since it ended, so I think we're done with dance for the time being.
 |
| I love the curve of her foot in this one, haha. |
 |
| Dad and Reed watching Rachel. |
Around the house pics:
 |
| Our newest discipline tactic- putting your nose on the wall. Rachel hates doing it, so I'd say it's effective. When I took this picture, Reed wasn't even in trouble, he just wanted to do what Rachel was doing. |
 |
| Having a dance party (stuffed animals invited). |
 |
| Reed likes to draw on himself. |
 |
| Baking cookies. |
Zoo! As soon as we had a Saturday that wasn't freezing cold, we went up to the zoo with Mike's family. Mike's dad gave us and Nick & Carisa zoo passes for Christmas, so there will probably be lots of zoo pictures this coming year.
 |
| Reed always says he wants to ride the carousel, but then he gets scared. |
Indoor boredom buster - makeshift slide.
 |
| Reed really likes to get into the fridge and pull things out. Like eggs. Do you know how much of a pain it is to clean 7 raw eggs off the floor? Cuz I do. He was very repentant though, and cute. |
Another day, we went with Reed's friend Lucy and her mom to the aquarium.
And, just some more random pictures.
 |
| We used the grill for the first time a few days ago, and Rachel had the awesome idea to have a picnic outside, so we did. |
I just realized that a lot of the pictures of Reed is him making messes. He's just really good at that. I spend a lot of my day just cleaning up after him. But look at that cute boy, it's so worth it!!
2 comments:
I love the dance pictures! And the egg mess pic is really cute and funny too!
I've gotten so behind on blogging!! I'm back though! I love Rachel's dance pics! We have zoo passes too, and have had lots of fun there! We've definitely gotten more than our money's worth out of them!
Post a Comment