Pages

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

January Randomness

First, some blog business. When I logged in to type up this post, I noticed 10 comments awaiting moderation, from the last few posts. Usually blogger emails me when someone comments, and I immediately see it and approve it. Apparently this isn't working right now, so I had no idea people had commented. So if you did, and didn't see your comment appear, that's why. But please keep 'em coming! I'll check in manually to see if there's comments now that I know there's a problem.  :)

January has been a pretty uneventful month for us. Mostly because it's too darn cold to go anywhere. And then we've been sick for the last week and a half. So, we've basically been shut-ins for the last few weeks. But I went through all the pictures on my phone, and they're from as far back as October (anyone else horrible at taking pictures off their phone? I had like 600 on there...sheesh.) So there's a lot of pictures here of random things from random times.

Oh, and they uploaded in whatever order they pleased, so the pictures are not in any sort of order whatsoever. Enjoy.


Me and Rachel just being silly with the phone.

Obviously this is one of those from the phone from a long time ago, since it's shorts weather still, ha!

A cool chick.

More silliness.

Rachel said "Mommy, I want to be a monkey in a tree!"

Provo temple. The kids love visiting the temple and just walking around the grounds. Reed likes to point to Angel Moroni.

Silly face.

More temple.

How we get through Walmart trips.

Visit to the BYU Paleontology museum.

Not sure why he's squatting, but I think it's funny.

I love pictures of my sleeping kids, especially Reed, since he's usually so wired.

Cool dude.

We had Mike's parents' dog Jasmine over for a few days just for fun and the kids LOVED it. Someday we'll get a dog again. Someday...

Watching the snow fall.

A man after my own heart. Eat the filling, leave the cookies. Color coordinated, no less.

At the park, I think it was the last time we went before it got too cold. I'm dying to be able to get outside again. Does this winter seem like it's lasting forever to anyone else??

I love seeing how Rachel arranges her toys. Apparently, Simba and the dinosaur needed some food.

Rachel rock climbing. Sort of.

In her pretty Christmas dress from Granny. :)

More rock climbing. Go Rachel!

A few weeks ago we visited Mindy and Ashlyn, it was so much fun! Here the girls are digging up dino bones at a little dinosaur museum they have there.

It was New Year's Eve when we visited, so we drank some sparkling cider. Cheers!

Going through the car wash. Ashlyn is afraid of the car wash, so big sister Rachel held her hand. Aw.

Watching the washing.

We also went to a blow up toy place. It was fun.


And went out for ice cream.

Mindy and her girls. :)

One day, I was upstairs and I heard the kids laughing together downstairs. At first I thought, aw, how nice, they're playing together. Then I realized they must be up to no good. They were coloring on each other with blue highlighter. Reed even had a smiley face drawn on his arm. Haha!

Silly boy.

And silly girl.

Trying on some very high heels. It's not easy!

But she got the hang of it. :)


Rachel loves making silly faces for the camera.


So does Reed.


Reed got some new Sunday clothes. Doesn't he look so handsome? He didn't want to try them on at first. I told him it was a train conductor outfit, and then I couldn't get him to take them off. :)

Reed LOVES helping with chores and cooking dinner.

This picture is actually from today. Ever since we went to Mindy's house and Rachel got to play with Ashlyn's Ariel doll, she's wanted a mermaid for the bathtub. So I got her this purple one and she's absolutely in love. I asked her what she wanted to name it, and she said "Purple, cuz she's purple." I suggested Violet, because it means purple, but is also a name. Then she said, "Actually, I want to name her Pink." So I asked her what she wanted the mermaid's name to be, Purple, Violet, or Pink? She said, "I want her to have three names." Thus, the mermaid is now officially named "PVP", and that is what Rachel calls her.






3 comments:

Mindy Hawks said...

Fun pictures! it was so fun having you guys over! You should come again this summer! :) (Or anytime!)

You look so pretty in that very first picture! And Rachel looks pretty in all of them!

I'm glad she got a mermaid also! My dad was wanting to buy her one and she told him she wanted one like Ashlyn's!

Kathy&Mike said...

I love the pictures of Rachel & Ashlyn holding hands in the car. I gotta say, Rachel looks a little nervous too! She and Reed in their sunglasses is so adorable. Thanks for posting the picture of her in her Christmas dress. It looks way cute on her.

Angela said...

I love reading about all of the fun stuff you do! Your kids are so stinkin' cute!!!