Pages

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Boo!

We had lots of fun last night for Halloween.  Reed understood the concept, and ran with it, for the first time this year. He loved getting candy and had a hard time understanding the "just one piece" rule of trick or treating. It was so cute seeing him run around in his costume saying "Next house! Candy!" Reed was a Jedi this year, and Rachel was a Kitty Ballerina, which she loved.

Tuesday night we carved pumpkins, the final product of which I forgot to take a picture of, but here's Reed with pumpkin guts. He thought they were great. Rachel, not so much.

The kids and their costumes.

We had Mike's parents, Jenny, and Nick and Carisa and their kids over for dinner and trick or treating. It was really fun, and the weather was perfect! Reed had a very hard time going to bed after. He kept yelling "Pumpkin! Candy!" from his bedroom. But he was so tuckered out that he conked out after a few minutes.

And we had another first last night too, something that we've somehow managed to avoid for 4 1/2 years: calling poison control. Rachel was up in her room with a glow stick and bit through it. I knew she didn't drink all the liquid, because most of it was still in the stick, but some had spilled out, and she said she got some in her mouth and that her mouth hurt, so I didn't know if she ingested some or if it was dangerous. So I called and they said it was fine, the stuff inside glow sticks isn't toxic, it just tastes really nasty. So we gave her some water, and she went to sleep shortly after.

Now we just have to eat through all our candy. But with me helping, it won't take that long. ;)

3 comments:

Kathy&Mike said...

They look so cute! I love Rachel's costume.

Lynne Jones said...

Can it really be past Halloween. time passes so quick. They are growing so fast. Happy little ones.

steph said...

Love LOVE love all of your crafts. You're motivating me to do more. I'm sorry I don't comment, but I want you to know I'm still reading and loving your updates. It's so sweet to see your kids interact and play.