Pages

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Fall!

So here's what we've been up to this month, pre-Halloween. Next week come back for the obligatory Halloween picture blog post. :)

Making a race track in the living room with masking tape. I thought Reed would really get into this, but he didn't really care. Rachel liked it though.

It's always entertaining when Mike plays with the kids. Here is a kind of frightening scenario Mike set up. I think this baby's in trouble.

Yup, he's toast. Reed thought the whole thing was hilarious.

Later that night (this was the day of conference, by the way, and our attempts to keep the kids somewhat entertained while we spent 8 hours watching the computer in one weekend), Rachel asked me for some more tape. She said it was for "the dinosaur's eyes." I had no idea what she was talking about, so I gave her a couple pieces of tape to see what she was planning to do with it. Turns out, she thought the race track looked like a dinosaur, and she wanted to embellish it. She kept asking for more tape, and I kept giving it to her. Here is the finished product, which, minus the track itself, she came up with completely on her own. 
 She said the rug was the dinosaur's body, you can see the legs and feet she added on the bottom.
Here's a close up of the head. Note the eyes in the top left corner, the spikes in the top right corner, and the nose and mouth on the left side. I think the whole thing was pretty darn creative of her.

Some more random stuff from other days:

Rachel's boat and oars:

 Toilet paper tube penguins, which Reed couldn't wait to get his hands on, as you can see:


Nature bracelet, which is just tape wrapped around her arm sticky side out, and she collected leaves to decorate it during our nature walk. I tried to put one on Reed too but he wouldn't let me. 

One morning Rachel asked to make a "birdie craft" so I had to go in search of something to make (since I'm horrible at coming up with ideas on my own) and found this cute idea.

Reed likes to pull hats down over his nose like this and run around roaring at people.

Reed's new favorite thing ever: light sabers. He and Daddy have been watching a lot of Star Wars. Do you know how much it hurts to be whacked on the knuckles with a light saber? A lot. 

Playing in the leaves. 



Rachel loves making silly faces for the camera. 




Ever since I cut my hair short, Rachel has been asking to get hers cut short like mine. We've never cut her hair before, except tiny trims and bangs, so we figured it might be good for her hair to get all the baby hair cut off, plus it's so thin we thought it would help it look thicker too. I was kind of sad to see it go, but I think it went really well, and Rachel loves it. 

Before:


During:



After:

4 comments:

Mindy Hawks said...

She is so gorgeous! I love her haircut so much. I also love how creative she is. Cute cute!

Christina said...

She looks so cute with her hair that short.

Malinda Jane Sieg said...

Your kids are so cute! I love the bob haircut. If I had a girl, I think I would have to go short like that for a season. I'm glad you guys had a great Halloween!

Kathy&Mike said...

I love all the cute things you do with your kids. You're such a great mommy! Rachel's haircut is just darling; and the dinosaur is very clever of her. What a cute and smart girl she is. P.S. I bought her a pretty dress for Christmas. Sorry, I couldn't wait to tell you.