Pages

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Fall Fun


Before I get into the pictures, may I just say that I am loving the new Blogger layout? I can actually add all my pictures at once, and in the order I want them. Congratulations, Blogger, you're finally user-friendly. 

We've been doing a lot of fun fall stuff lately. Last week, Mike and I took Rachel up to Cornbelly's at Thanksgiving Point. We'd never been before and were very pleasantly surprised at how much there is to do. We were there like 2 1/2 hours and could have stayed much longer. Rachel had an absolute blast. Reed stayed with Grandma - we figured this year he'd only be moderately interested and might cut our trip shorter than we wanted, so we'll wait til next year to take him. Because I definitely want to make this a yearly tradition!


Rachel in the corn pit. Whoever came up with this idea is a genius. Simple, but oh-so-fun.


Bouncy horses.

They had a little place girls could try on princess dresses, and a stage nearby that just beckoned to be danced and twirled on.

Daddy even got in on the dancing action. How cute are they?

Cow train, which was pulled by a tractor. Rachel kept saying "Moo! Moo!" in a really loud, low voice for most of the ride. :)

Corn maze

Yet another corn pit. They have two. Rachel had to play in both, and we had to do a lot of coaxing to get her out of it both times.

Big hay pyramid. Rachel also loved crawling through the tunnels.

So, they have pig races. We went to watch it, and the guy asked for a volunteer. He asked who had the prettiest Mommy. Mike, thanks to his ability to shout and wave loudly, got me volunteered. It wasn't until after I went up that I found out what I had been volunteered (against my will) for. Kissing the pig for good luck. I refused. I tried blowing it a kiss, but that didn't work. Finally I put my thumbs together on the pig and kissed my thumbs, making it look like I was kissing the pig. Mike, of course, got the whole thing on video. But we got a pig nose out it, which Rachel loved to wear, and even tried to wear to bed that night.

Big bouncy pillow. That's Rachel in purple up on the top.

And close up.

Then yesterday (Saturday), Mike was gone playing airsoft all day, so the kids and I went to a little pumpkin patch to pick pumpkins. They also had some other neat stuff, like a hay ride, petting zoo, etc. 

The petting zoo had a kangaroo. How strange.

Petting the donkey.

They had a corn pit too, which Reed, having not been to Cornbelly's, was quite interested in. The kids played in it until Reed started trying to eat the corn.

Hay maze

Picking pumpkins was not easy. We made our way slowly through the pumpkin patch. Rachel insisted I hold her hand, while I also held Reed and a pumpkin. We got this little one on the way out too. I asked Rachel to carry it to the car. Here she is freaking out, telling me it's too heavy.

After the pumpkin patch, we went to the mall and rode on the train, which we do a lot because the kids just love it. We also played in the kiddie area and got balloon animals. The mall is fun on Saturday.

And tomorrow we're going to have Family Home Evening with Nick and Carisa and carve our pumpkins, so stay tuned for pictures of that, too!

P.S. Reed's cut above his eye is healing very nicely, in case you're wondering.
Oh, and Mindy took some family pictures for us today, which I am very excited about. So we will soon have a new family picture for our blog. Because Reed is no longer 2 weeks old. 

2 comments:

RyanLongman said...

So fun! I love the pictures of Rachel dancing on stage! So, please PLEASE tell me more about the new blogger layout?? It takes me almost two hours every time I upload photos!! Help! :)

Kathy&Mike said...

I love how Rachel and Reed have exactly the same expression in the corn pit photo.