Step 2: Take care of screaming children, thinking, "As soon as they calm down, I'll put the load in."
Step 3: Realize that the children are not going to calm down for hours, possibly years. Decide to put in laundry despite the screaming. Get jeans in washer.
Step 4: Forget about laundry for several hours.
Step 5: Remember laundry after putting the baby down for a nap, but decide to wait to switch it until he wakes up, because the laundry room is across from his room, and naptime is sacred.
Step 6: Get baby when he wakes up from his nap. Hold him for 20 minutes while he wakes up and refuses to be put down. Finally switch laundry.
Step 7: Forget about laundry for several hours.
Step 8: Remember laundry. Dryer is done but jeans still not dry. Restart dryer.
Step 9: Attempt several times to check dryness of jeans, but get sidetracked by children approximately every 8 seconds. Finally retrieve jeans from dryer.
Step 10: Get dressed at 4:30 pm.
Yes, it took me 8 hours to do one load of laundry today.
5 comments:
That has been me for 11 years now! It's amazing that we have clean clothes!
Haha!! This sounds sooo familiar!!
I love this! Haha! I have to plan (literally, write it in my planner!) a whole day for laundry otherwise it takes 10x longer! How funny!
oh does that sound familiar. I hate to say how many times it was after lunch befroe I got my shower. Baby nap. If I was lucky.
Step 11: Just wear sweat pants.
Post a Comment