Pages

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Family Game Night

We just returned from yet another laugh-filled Sunday of dinner and games with Mike's family. And once again, we realize just how much these Sundays mean to us. Mike's the oldest of 6, and most Sundays everyone is there, which includes his parents, us, 2 other siblings with their spouses, and the 2 youngest who live at home (one younger brother is on a mission in California). Ten of us makes for a big group, but we wouldn't have it any other way. Having grown up in a smaller family, I (Mary) just love the bunch of us sitting around the table eating and talking, and then rounding us all up again to play a game. Some of our favorites are Apples to Apples, Catch Phrase, Pirate Dice and Balderdash. The first night Mike and I talked, he invited me over to his house for games, and I'm so glad that 5 years later that tradition is still going strong. I hope our home can always be filled with that love and laughter!

No comments: